Jingle Bells, People Smell

Jingle Bells, People Smell

I am going into debt, all in the name of the "holiday spirit."

11
Jingle Bells, People Smell

Well, well, well. That time of year has come again when we empty our wallets, all for the good of showing our loved ones that we, well, love them. As college students, this is a hard time of year for us because we have spent all semester - and then the first week or two of Christmas break - trying to save money, only to realize we haven't. If you are anything like me, you try to set aside money from each paycheck to save for holiday gifts. This has not been working for me this semester, because I have had to pay for other things along the way. 

So I have been brainstorming some ideas that could take the place of that $100 purse you were wanting to splurge on for your mom, but will mean more.

1. Gifts in jars. We have all seen them - the jars with all of the ingredients necessary to make a cake, or little DIY spa necessities. These are super easy, cute and the recipient will think you are super creative. Plus, it is something they will actually use.

.

2. Christmas ornament. Everyone needs ornaments for their tree, so a homemade ornament - whether it's their favorite character, animal or just thoughtful - is sure to be a hit.

3. Letters or reasons why you love them. Everyone needs a little pick me up sometimes, so if you look ahead and are thinking of that person, no matter who it is, it will be a hit.

4. Anything with their initials. Everyone likes personalized things, especially if their name is strange and they don't get personalized things otherwise. A cute mug with their name or letters for their wall will be perfect.

5. Anything with pictures. 

Pictures are always my go-to gift if I can't think of anything else, whether they are framed, made into something, in a slideshow, whatever.

These are just a few of my favorite, inexpensive gift ideas that are perfect for the college student to give this holiday season. All of these and many more can be found on Pinterest. So don't be stingy, or a Scrooge, and give your loved ones the gifts they deserve!

It's the thought that counts anyway, right?