Is It Too Early For Flannels?

Is It Too Early For Flannels?

Fall is the best season ever.

1740
Is It Too Early For Flannels?
Free Autumn Wallpaper

Today I wore a woolen button-down collared cross-patterned shirt. A what?! A FLANNEL! Today was the first time I had worn a flannel since before the fiery months of summer. That’s a lie. I actually wore a flannel on the Fourth of July, the holiday of the summer, because of what the flannel represents: fall! Fall and flannels go together like peanut butter and jelly; like popcorn and butter; like…well I feel like you get the point.

Fall is a lovable season because fall means the days are getting cooler. Yes, I understand we all love summer so much because the weather is just great, but how often do we get that perfect summer day? 70 degrees is where my body operates best. In the fall, I am guaranteed a 70-degree day at least up until late October or even early November. But do I freak out when the weather dips below 70? NO! Growing up in the Midwest, I have become a master of layering. Layering not only helps me feel more comfortable, but it’s also a relief on everybody else!

I do not have the ideal beach-bod. I am a hairy individual. My motto is this: I’m not in shape but I’m at least in a shape. I cannot lay out on the beach without somebody mistaking me for Smokey the Bear, leaving the beach-goers wondering why wildfire prevention needs to be advocated on a beach. In the fall, the sweater under my clothes and the extra fluff around me are put to use while simultaneously being hidden by that oh most precious flannel.

RELATED:Campfire Nights

Flannels and jeans can also protect you from the occasional falling leaf. Yeah, the leaves are dying and the tree is preparing itself for the winter months, but isn’t it pretty with all the colors? Should I take this sign as the ever so imminent approach of the frigid months of winter? Probably, but why would I? I’m hanging out in my 70-degree days wearing my flannel and jeans and loving life.

Fall also means Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which helps add on those winter pounds that I’ll eventually have to lose so that I can take pride in people calling animal control for a loose bear rather than aquatic rescue team for a beached whale.

Am I sad to see summer go? Yeah. Summer meant I had no real responsibilities, and I was freed from the stresses of the academic year. I had a summer job so I couldn’t stay out all night, but it was nice to go outside without putting any shoes or clothes on if you were by yourself. Some people can do that, but I’d get a tranquilizer dart in the back of my neck.

To answer the question, it is most definitely not too early for flannels. Out of all the seasons, fall is my nearest and dearest friend for all the reasons above. The trees are changing colors, the weather is cooling down, and I can cover my fur once again.

Eagerly Awaiting September 22nd,

JS