I Am The University Of Michigan

I Am The University Of Michigan

This is not a matter of arrogance; this is a matter of pride.

167
I Am The University Of Michigan

I attend the University of Michigan. This is not a matter of arrogance; this is a matter of pride, and I could not feel more proud to attend this University. The moment that you step onto campus you are overtaken with the buzz of our culture. Whether it be an outstanding performance by the musical theater students or hearing a pitch from a member of MPowered, it is clear that there is something different about the students that attend this university. At times I wonder what I have done to deserve such an amazing opportunity. I look around the Diag and see so many student organizations aspiring to not only better the community, but also the world. On the weekends the campus comes alive as the students unwind and relax with their friends. The University of Michigan is so much more than a school for me; it is my hoMe.

The feeling that I harbor for this university is not one of arrogance. I am not naïve enough to believe that there are not great aspects of every college campus, but there are things that make the University of Michigan the best place in the world for me.

Here are 29 things that only true Wolverines will understand:

1. The flood of Maize and Blue that has overtaken your closet
  2. The twinge of anxiety you feel when someone says your school colors are blue and “yellow”
  3. The struggle of never being admitted to Skeeps
  4. The sorrow you feel for those who live on north campus
  5. The value of a guest swipe into Squad
  6. The appreciation for free bagels in the Diag
  7. The feelings of finishing your last *insert insanely hard math class* exam
  8. The last LSA required foreign language class
  9. The hardship of finding a seat at the Ugli during finals
  10. The temptation for Panchero's on a night out
  11. The necessity of GroupMe
  12. The accuracy of Pitch Perfect and how cool a cappella can really be
  13. The numerous lined pieces of paper wasted by drawing the blocks of your potential future schedule, only to see a class is now closed
  14. The feeling of having spent enough at MDen to buy two years of textbooks and a nice Chipotle dinner
  15. The appreciation for brunch at Savas
  16. Understanding 1000 pitches has nothing to do with baseball
  17. Knowing a fishbowl is not something that can be bought at Pet Smart
  18. Graffiti Alley is one sure fire way to get a quick new profile picture and show your true freshmen colors
  19. Your friends most likely aren’t from Michigan
  20. If your friends are from Michigan, they probably live 45 minutes away or in Bloomfield Hills
  21. The depression felt by seeing the Big House in any season other than football
  22. The admiration for the amazing alumni of this University- Darren Criss, all members of Apollo 17, The CEOs of Twitter, Craigslist, and Toys-R-Us
  23. Trying to fit a Block M into all of your Facebook photo album names
  24. A Canada Goose is no longer just an animal in the wild
  25. The agreement that Ohio is really the worst state in the world
  26. Never seeing more non-students in the Diag than during Hash Bash
  27. Hearing horror stories about UTowers elevators
  28. Accepting that khaki will now be added to the Game-day palette

And...

29. The excitement of knowing that in a few short months we will all be heading back to the best place on earth, Ann Arbor.