How Do I Find Confidence? | The Odyssey Online

How Do I Find Confidence?

Here is the key to finding your own confidence in a poem.

16
How Do I Find Confidence?

Confidence. It may seem like a simple noun

But simple really doesn't cut it, for it disrupts the hearts of humans all around

Everyone struggles with the same intangible, yet desirable concept on so many levels

Sometimes we feel like if we do not find it, success is something we can never reveal

For teens, it's the estrogen and testosterone that clouds our esteem

We don't realize what's really important; instead, we worry about how we are seen

For adults, it's attempting to juggle the cluster of milestones thrown at them by catapults

They don't believe they can get through it all, and make too many faults

At first, it's more subtle, like a child's first words alone on stage

But life escalates quickly, and the negativity begins to rage

Confidence, you see, is the strangest super-villain of all time

It can tear you down to pieces, or it can reward you in the blink of an eye

It all depends on your reaction to the task at hand

You can give up now or prepare to fight the leviathan

To use a mental shield and block the self-conscience that says "I'm not right"

Because you are, otherwise why were you here, blessed with an incredible life

Don't you see it? The chance to improve the world that was given to you and your brothers

Do what you think you were put here to do, for the sake of your mothers

Stop watching the clock jog by, stand up, and join in on the run

Change the world, and don't waste precious time believing you're not good enough

You deserve the opportunity as much as anyone else to be in control, to be in power

Discover what you yearn for most, and find your own way to aspire

Remember, you have the capability to overcome each and every obstacle

Use all of your gifts to your advantage, in this way, you're unstoppable

If you can visualize a possibility, it's no longer an impossible dream

Stand up to your fears, your doubts, you are your own worst enemy

It’s your mind, your actions, therefore you decide your success

You, no one else determines your own strength, your perspective overpowers the rest

Now it’s up to you decide who will smile and who will cry, let’s make a bet

You or your fear, the fear to seek your own power and respect