To The Girl Who Somewhat Has Her Life Together | The Odyssey Online

To The Girl Who Somewhat Has Her Life Together

I swear I have my life together ... most days that is!

10

It's strange that at random moments in time, life comes out of nowhere and hits you like a ton of bricks. Out of the blue you beginning pondering all of your life choices thus far, and what you will make of yourself in the near future. In the words of Plato, "Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden." It may seem as though life is trying to tell you something. Maybe it is telling you that you need to get your life together or maybe what you had in mind isn't working for you, and you should reevaluate that.

However, in reality, you more than likely have a plan for yourself, but you are probably still working toward fitting the pieces together perfectly. It's like when you put together a puzzle, you sit there trying the same pieces over and over again until you eventually find the right placement at which the piece nestles snuggling within the rest. You think of all the time it took for you to try all of those other pieces in that one spot, and time after time the piece just didn't fit. In the end, however, you realize that all along you knew what you needed to do in order to accomplish this task, but it just took some time to orchestrate it in the proper manner.

I've always thought of myself as that ambitious girl who knew what she wanted to do with her life as soon as she made her presence into this world. But I would be lying if I said that I had every minor detail of my life mapped out thus far. Yes, on most days, I have my life completely organized in such a fashion that it pleases my inner OCD self to tears. However, that is not always the case. I am at a point in my life where I am no longer a child, but I'm not 100 percent an adult. I know you may be thinking, "Well, of course you are an adult, I mean you are a college student, and you're steps away from the start of the rest of your life." Yet the truth of the matter is that I constantly find myself contemplating whether I am going to be successful in the career path that I have chose, will I even get into grad school, or will I ultimately even end up with the life that I have dreamed of since I was a little girl?

I believe I can speak for most when I say that these are common thoughts amongst the majority of college students. But what most don't know is that you obviously must have your life somewhat together or you would not be having these thoughts at all. Regardless of where you are at in life, you have a plan. Whether you have just graduated high school or you are finishing up your senior year of college, you have your life together. Who cares if you have every detail of your life planned out in this instance, you have your life together. You are capable of so much that you are unaware of now, butyou have a plan. It's probably a pretty great one too!

So, I will leave you with this ...

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss