To The Girl Who Keeps Raising Her Standards | The Odyssey Online

To The Girl Who Keeps Raising Her Standards

The right guy will be worth waiting for.

55
Zastavki

1. Help in my walk with Christ.

2. Be a gentlemen to everyone

3. Open my doors for me.

Those are the top three things on my list. No I will not budge on any of them. Yes, I'm picky about this. I'm very picky about this.

When it comes to dating and giving your heart and time to someone, its ok to be picky about it. Many people view that as being too hard to please or being unwilling to give someone a chance. However, its actually just me waiting until I get the guy I know I deserve.

Throughout high school, I only had one serious boyfriend. And I was ok with that. I knew after that one, that I was going to wait until I finally met someone who treated me the way I deserved to be treated. Now, I am dating someone who has not only met all my standards, but has taught me to raise them.

We are God's daughters and we deserve a man who is going to not only hold our hands while we walk through the store, but someone who is going to hold our hands while we pray. You deserve someone who is going to not only open your doors, but stand there and hold them open for the others walking in behind you. We all deserve someone who going to lead our hearts to Christ through devotion and worship with one another. When there is an argument, you both admit to wrong doings, forgive one another and communicate on how to fix the problem. Many people today just want to blame the other person rather than admitting they were wrong as well.

One thing I have noticed in recent relationships around me, it has become acceptable to be disrespectful, inconsiderate and mean to your significant other. But that is far from what we as children of the King deserve. We deserve compassion, understanding, forgiveness and above all love. As 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says, "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

So, yes waiting and being stubborn with your standards is ok. Wait. Wait as long as God tells you to. Be patient in the Lord and trust that He knows what He is doing. He will guide you to a man who is everything that you deserve towards you. Don't ever doubt your worth for a man. Know that you are the daughter of a king and He will place the man you deserve into your life at the right time. Be picky. Be very picky about who you are giving your heart to.