I Am Furious Over President Trump's NFL Stance

The idea that he is even concerning himself with it is pitiful.

114
Daily Beast

I don’t necessarily support kneeling during the anthem, but I understand why it’s being done and I have respect for that.

Personally, I feel there are other ways to protest. Yet it is evident that police brutality and racism is becoming stronger in America and the African-American voice of America needs to be heard. I do support the right to free speech and peaceful protest, however, which is exactly what the black community is doing: peacefully protest and standing up to the injustices they face in our country every day.

I will stand by their right to do that as that is what makes our country so great. It’s not about the flag, it’s about what the flag represents.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that our “President” has made it is number one priority to dissuade the American citizens who are exercising their right to protest peacefully. “Mr. President,” I’m not sure if you remember, but when you swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, you also agreed to support the right to free speech. I guess you also didn’t notice that it happens to be a part the first amendment.

To add insult to injury, you don’t merely mention your disagreement with the kneeling movement, you continuously tweet about how you hate it, how everyone should boycott the NFL and how players should lose their jobs. You even went as far as to call Colin Kaepernick a son of a b*tch. It shouldn’t need to be said that that was appalling to hear from the leader of the free world. Yet when white supremacist march with tiki torches, (tiki torches!) there are “very fine people” on both sides.

Show me the logic! What makes you think this is okay?

What makes our country “great is the freedom to hold whatever belief we please and have a platform to say it, so you calling out the NFL for kneeling is basically saying, “take your free speech and peaceful protest elsewhere.”

Even further, there are much more dire problems in America right now than what goes on in the NFL! Puerto Rico just got rocked with a hurricane so hard they won’t be able to rebuild or even get back to anything close to normal life for years. See the Puerto Rican mayor’s heartfelt response to the damage here.

Oh, and yeah we saw you tweet about it, you know how extensive the damage was, along with the NFL.

Let’s not forget about Texas and Florida who are still struggling, the wildfires in the northwest, DACA, immigration reform, tax reform and North Korea which I guess you forgot about? It’s not surprising with your attention span.

So “Mr. President," I am ashamed to call you that, I am ashamed you are our president.

I am ashamed you don’t care about the well-being of our nation's people, I am ashamed you still think this is some sort of game show.

I am ashamed you waste more time on Twitter than in a conference room or on the ground.

I am ashamed you bash the freedoms of American citizens when they are doing nothing wrong but trying to make a voice for themselves.

Your ego is inflated and your heart was never in the right place. You have in no way “made America great again,” we are only divided and only you are to blame. It’s time to get your priorities in check. Sometimes people won’t agree with you, but you move on because that’s what leaders do, because we live in a free country and you have bigger fish to fry.

It’s time to start being a leader, “Mr. President.”