Five Motivational Quotes To Get Through Finals Week

You will get through this!

456
womenslife.sebts.edu

Finals week is the worst week of the whole semester. During this week you get no sleep, you are constantly stressed, and you don’t get to binge watch your favorite shows on Netflix. You start to question if college is really for you and the thought of dropping out seems to be the only option without losing your sanity. You may even call up your mom in tears and break the news to her that you are thinking that college is just not for you. But this does not have to be your finals week scenario if you don’t want it to be. Just think positive thoughts during your 12 hour study sessions and midnight dates with the library. Think about how great it will feel when you get your finals back with a big A on the top! Here are some quotes that will help you through finals week and maybe this semester you won’t be calling up your mom to say college isn’t for you, instead you’ll be calling her to say you still have your sanity after a long day in the library.

1. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” -Nikos Kazantzakis

When you’re sitting in the library studying for your final the next day remember this quote. Remember to believe that you do know the material and you do know what your professor is talking about, even if you really don’t. Just the action of telling yourself you know something makes a big difference. Instead of telling yourself, “This is too hard you’ll never learn this in time.” Try telling yourself, “I believe I will understand and know this material in time.” You have to believe in yourself in order to succeed.

2. “It does not matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop.” -Confucius

While you’re taking your finals and you see other students leaving before you, don’t think about it. Instead of wondering why you aren’t done yet and worrying that you might be the last one in the room, tell yourself that you want to be the last one done. It doesn’t matter how fast or slow you take the final it matters how well you do. So don’t rush through those last ten questions because you are the last one or really want to go home, take your time and ace that final!

3. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” -Arthur Ashe

When you walk into the room to take your first final of the week a million thoughts are going through your mind. As your professor starts handing out the exams you start to worry that you won’t know everything or you didn’t study enough. After you take that exam you feel like you failed it (even if you didn’t). You then get discouraged and feel like you are going to fail the rest of your finals. When you start to feel like that think of this quote. Just because you didn’t feel confident about one of your finals doesn’t mean the rest will be like that too. Start each day off with new positive thoughts and knowing you got this!

4. “Never, never, never give up.” -Winston Churchill

Those 12 hour study dates are honestly not that fun. There are many times while studying for hours you just want to give up because you think you know the material good enough. But don’t let that happen! Keep studying and reviewing with friends until you absolutely know it! Don’t let your new show you are binge watching on Netflix be a temptation, you have all summer to finish the series. Of course take a few breaks to eat and sleep so you still have your sanity. Focus on your finals and keep pushing through, don’t give up!

5. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” -Nelson Mandela

Starting off finals week you write yourself a list of what you have to get accomplished, even if it means an all nighter. You just want to give up just thinking about this week, but you know you can’t. In the middle of the week you start to feel a little better knowing that you are halfway through. But there’s still that voice inside your head saying that it is impossible to get through the remainder of the week without having a mental break down. But when you get done with your last final you get the feeling of relief and stress free, celebrating with your friends that you all survived and can start the summer! Don’t get discouraged in the beginning because at the end of the week you will have the best feeling ever that you survived yet another week of finals.

I wish everyone good luck on their finals. Keep these five quotes in mind while studying and taking your finals. Whatever you do, don’t give up, you got this! Happy studying!