Finding Worthiness In Brokenness - The Odyssey Online

Finding Worthiness In Brokenness

You have been chosen because of your brokenness.

23
Finding Worthiness In Brokenness

This past Sunday, the Lord really spoke to me during the morning service and I was reminded of His goodness. I wanted to share with y'all the with the joy He has established in my life, in hopes that it will provide someone some hope and faith.

If you are anything like me or any person on planet Earth, then you have probably felt, unfit, unwanted, and unworthy in some point in your life. If this is you, I want to let you in on some really good news..... Jesus is seeking YOU.

You ask yourself how this is true. How could Jesus want a broken mess, a sinner? Well in Psalm 34:18, David says, " The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." The Lord has promised to seek us in our brokenness and provide us hope through it. Jesus is not of afraid of our mess, he is not afraid to get dirty in it either!

See, Jesus comes from a family line filled with sinners. In Matthew 1:1-6, Matthew lists some of Jesus' ancestors. Among those ancestors are Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba. If you know even a little about these women, you know scandal often related to their names. The point is, Jesus was not only not afraid of the broken, he was willing to associate with it. He had been nicknamed "the friend of sinners", but he so much more, he was family to sinners.

Jesus was so willing to become a part of my life that he sought me in my mess, even when I was not seeking him. Years ago, I was in such a dark place, one I thought I would never get out of. Anxiety and misery seemed to be my only feelings and all hope was long gone. But, God had other plans. In that time, Jesus sought me in every way possible, until I landed at NewSpring Church.

On March 31st of 2013, God WRECKED ME. He broke every single wall I had ever built, he stripped me of my layers, and most importantly He broke every single chain that had a hold of me. From that moment on, I knew what was missing in my life and only Jesus could fill that void.

Through my brokenness, God searched for me and found me. He provided me with hope and unconditional love that has now filled every part of me. Through Him, I was able to see the light and be surrounded by a community of people who constantly shine that light. He has also allowed me to become the light to others. And all of this was not because of anything I did, it was simply because of what Jesus had done and continues to do in every single day.

So friend, I encourage you to open your eyes and open your heart to the one who is seeking, for he has been doing so even when you did not know it. Your brokenness is not shameful, it is worthy to our Savior. Rest in the promise that God sent His Son to save us, to save YOU!

Lastly, I leave you with a promise that will allow you to continue to find hope in your brokenness....

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. ( 2 Corinthians 12:9 )