Your Finals Study Map
Your Finals Study Map
Wikipedia

If the stress of finals is giving you anxiety and your Greek brothers/sisters feel the need to bombard you with pictures of animals in Christmas clothes, and “quietly” play EDM music, and your so called “study room” seems more like a hope and a dream instead of an actual reality, here are some ideas of where  you can study without nearly as many distractions.

ON CAMPUS

Apartment Study Rooms: With most of us having at least one connection to apartment living on campus (what are your brothers and sisters for am I right?), it’s time to capitalize on the study rooms available to residents (and now you!). Side note: Even if you love the top notch coffee at The Bridges,  their study rooms currently lack heat and working outlets so maybe skip out on that. 

Purple Onion: A classic study spot for Greeks everywhere, Purple Onion is a great place for food, coffee, and studying. However according to a hipster source who wishes to remain nameless, “That place has become too mainstream.” Let’s also not forget to mention the recent lack of available tables, so come during the mid-afternoon for your best option to lock down a table. 

Walter Library: Whether you’re a freshman who has finally ventured out of the superblock to a senior attempting to finish an entirely too long essay, Walter Library has a place for everyone. There are floors upon floors of quiet areas with chairs, desks, and study rooms (with little cell reception for fewer  distractions). The crowning jewel of Walter in my opinion is the upstairs area so lovingly referred to as "Periodicals" in past years but took us all for a spin with the name changing to “Quiet Study." With its open spaces, high ceilings, and large amount of 3-peg plug ins, Walter’s quiet study room is a perfect place to anchor down for finals.

Bio-Med: If you want to relive your freshman year, or maybe just check out a book, Bio-Med library is the place to be. This library also is great seeing as it’s close to quality dining establishments such as Noodles and Co, Chipotle, Raising Canes, and so much more. 

Wilson Library: Located on West Bank, Wilson is great for those who don’t feel the need to study in those oh so professional Carlson study rooms. Not only is Wilson newly renovated, but they have the only Dunn Brothers shop on campus, as well as quiet study areas in secluded corners if you want (or  more accurately need) to hide from social distractions. 

Northrop Auditorium: After their new renovations this past year, Northrop has become a great new place for someone to find a small table and get down to studying. The classy atmosphere complete with  chandeliers and marble pillars will motivate you to try harder so you can afford to attend classy events in places like Northrop after you graduate. 

OFF CAMPUS

Spyhouse: A trendy coffee shop in Uptown with great coffee and a quaint atmosphere, Spyhouse is a perfect study getaway if you aren’t that far from campus. Some other off campus coffee shops you might jive with that aren’t too far are Five Watt Coffee and Bull Run. 

Your Actual House: If you are lucky enough to live close to campus, making a quick run home for a nice meal and quiet place to study may be just what you need this finals season (just don’t get caught up snap-chatting pictures of your dog).