Finals, As Told By 'Big Hero 6'

Finals, As Told By 'Big Hero 6'

Oh no, it's that time of year.

58
Finals, As Told By 'Big Hero 6'

It is that time of the semester. After weeks of basking in the spring weather, spending every Saturday out in about, the work has finally caught up. It is finals week. It is time to dive your nose into those dusty textbooks and teach yourself a semester of knowledge within the next five days. Some say it is impossible, but at this point it is what it is. For anyone who has experienced finals week, these gifs will seem quite realistic

Tests, projects, papers, they all just come out of nowhere.

This is when it begins. Yes, you knew this day was coming, but you tried to push it to the back of your mind. Digging through piles of unread syllabuses in disbelief, praying that this one big mistake. But alas, it is not; finals have begun.

You try to put your best foot forward, and attack the assignments head-on.

It is too early to give up, so you dig through all of the sarcasm and pessimism that college students usually wear to find the inner motivation to attack the week. For about twenty minutes, you are unstoppable and this is going to be a great, productive week.

Alas, the confidence was short-lived. In reality, you have no idea what you are doing.

Your mind is completely blank. Typical; it only fails you when you need it most. Instead of being productive and tackling your work, you spend hours sitting in the library staring into space and refreshing an outdated Twitter feed.

You start to get a little desperate for ideas. Any random thought in your head becomes a possible topic.

You still have not come up with an idea yet, and you start to lose it a little bit. You are not sure if this madness is all in your head, or maybe the air is getting a little thin. Regardless, you come to realize that it is time for a break.

Also, your college tries to make up for the fact you are suffering by hosting “de-stress” events.

Whether there are coloring books, bingo, or just free music, your school knows this is a rough time for its students, and try to come up with fun activities. Even if they are the dumbest activities you have seen, there is always a turnout, especially if free food is involved.

Back to the grind, you still are idea-less. At this point, it seems as if everyone has their s--t together besides you.

This is probably the most frustrating feeling in existence of emotion. You have spent hours trying to come up with the greatest project or paper topic because your GPA is basically relying on it, and your hours of brainstorming come out fruitless. You envy those who can summon great ideas at will.

And there is always that one friend who tries to encourage you even though you would rather sulk.

It feels as if they are grinding salt in your wound. If you wanted words of encouragement, you would have called your mom. Receiving pity from a friend that has their shit together is just plain annoying and infuriating.

And speaking of mom, your parents will call to check up on you.

Of course, you tell them everything is fine. If actually told them the words flying through your head they would either call a priest or send you to a mental facility. Since you know they are trying to be nice and encouraging, you make phone calls with them as generic as possible. However, they no you are stressed, and tell you straight up to get it together.

Everything not class related has become irrelevant. At this point in the semester, you have given up on laundry.

Laundry? Cleaning? Eating three square meals a day? Your brain can’t keep up with all of that. You only focus on passing finals. There is no time to think about anything else.

This may be the busiest week of your young existence, but you still find yourself easily distracted.

The only thing harder than finals is maintaining motivation a proper mindset for finals. The smallest movement and sound becomes an excuse for a break.

The week is coming to an end, and the sleep deprivation finally catches up to you.

You probably didn’t even notice that you were tired. But of course, your body decides to remind you when you need to be at your best.

It comes time to take your finals, and you are extremely nervous.

All of the cramming, crying and praying has been for this very moment. This pressure to succeed is unreal. However, all you can think about is going home for vacation. There is no glorious ending to this. Finals are complete and you are basically braindead for the next week. That is how you know the semester is over.