Gorgeous HAIR, SKIN, AND NAILS by VitaFusion. | The Odyssey Online

A Few Tips To Help You Grow Out Your Hair This Summer

Have you been telling yourself for the past years that you're finally going to grow out your hair, and you actually just keep on cutting it off? Maybe it's just taking forever to grow? No worries, I am here to help.

65
Photo by Nayeli Lopez

Once upon a time I was fourteen years old and my hair was virgin, it used to be so long that it would cover my butt. it was once naturally golden brown, so soft and full of life. It used to flow gently in Arizona monsoons, then like any other teenager experiencing her first breakup; I decided to cut it off and rock with a bob instead. I have been rocking middle length ombre hairstyles ever since... I have tried to let it grow, but somehow I end up cutting it off instead.

I keep telling myself its somehow easier to manage shorter, but we all know that's a lie. If you can relate and are currently facing this struggle I have put together some hair products and I am here to help you join this journey to the long and healthy hair.

'Grow Gorgeous' hair density serum.

This unique serum will help you achieve fuller, thicker, and healthier hair. According to the packaging, you may achieve visible results as little as 4 weeks. I am barely on my second week, but I absolutely love this product. You apply 20 drops of the serum to your scalp and massage it into its absorbed. Repeat this daily either during the morning or before bed. The price ranges from as little as $25-$50 dollars, depending on where you get it at.

I recently got a discount on mine at Ulta as they had some sales for the end of May. For a girl who has literally tried EVERYTHING, this is going to be the most expensive hair product in this list. The best thing about this product is that it doesn't make my hair look greasy or oily at all. Instead, it has been easier to manage in the mornings after I apply it.

Gorgeous HAIR, SKIN, AND NAILS by VitaFusion.

These are multivitamins you can find at any drugstore. They are super delicious, and out of all the hair vitamins I have tried (including the sugar bear ones) these have given me results. They don't make your hair grow right away but they support the natural process. They are have won an award for winning taste. Just eat three a day and you shall see a difference in your nails within two weeks as well.

OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo.

STOP it with the thickening shampoos that keep giving you zero results. They only dry out your scalp and make your hair fall out at the end of your day. This shampoo is the perfect balance to hydration, strength, and the balance to healthy hair. Most importantly, DO NOT wash your hair on a daily. Although you live in Arizona and daily showers are kind of an essential to surviving this summer...let your natural oils speed up the lengthening process. This shampoo is only a booster to healthy hair. You can find it at any drugstore for less than 10$ dollars. Did I already mention that it smells amazing?

Braids are the key to the heart, and the key to hair growth. 

No better hairstyle than braiding, do be careful you don't braid too tight! This is the protective hairstyle that will promote hair growth.

Eat more fruits and vegetables.

I need to put this one as my phone's lock screen to be reminded on a daily. Nothing more natural than fruits and vegetables with real natural vitamins. The real question is: which fruits and vegetables should you be eating to help your hair grow? According to studies; "Berries, spinach, avocados, sweet peppers, tomatoes" and yikes... "garlic." The game isn't to abuse constantly on these substances, but to eat them more often of course! A healthy lifestyle is also the key to healthy long gorgeous hair!

Kiss goodbye to the voice inside your hair that keeps telling you you'd look better with a bob.