Sixteen Songs For The Class Of 2016 | The Odyssey Online

Sixteen Songs For The Class Of 2016

Reflecting on the hits as our college years are coming to a close.

463
Sixteen Songs For The Class Of 2016
2 Chainz

My senior year is winding down, making my short lived college years come to an end. Memories are still prominent in my head from the time I was a freshman hanging with my newfound friends. Four years have gone by, and one thing we seemingly talk about is the music we've listened to since we first started college in Fall 2012. Hitmakers during the time tend to become obsolete until it's played for nostalgic purposes. It's ironic that songs can really trigger a notion of coming-of-age. Here are songs that will last a lifetime for the Class of 2016.

1. All Gold Everything - Trinidad James

All Gold Everything was the song every freshmen looked forward to during parties simply because of one line, "Shout out to them freshmen, on Instagram straight flexin."

2. F*ckin Problem - Kendrick Lamar feat. A$AP Rocky, Drake and 2 Chainz

Another party hit college students weren't fearful to sing aloud.

3. Pop That - French Montana

It may not be the twerking anthem (Back That Azz Up has already fulfilled the spot for over a decade) but you've definitely hit the dance floor when this song came on.

4. Karate Chop - Future feat. Lil Wayne

The greatest way to start off your first summer break.

5. Collard Greens - Schoolboy Q feat. Kendrick Lamar

The song that brought you and your high school friends together over the summer.

6. Started from the Bottom - Drake

It wasn't just the famous Drake single that caught everyone's attention. His 2014 hit album, "Nothing Was the Same" was a staple for any road trip.

7. Drunk In Love - Beyoncé

As all of us were stressing over finals week, Beyonce decided to drop this gem towards the end of our Fall 2013 semester.

8. Happy - Pharrell

The song that annoyed us in the mornings, but kept us pushing during our sophomore year.

9. Anaconda - Nicki Minaj

Some people had mixed reviews when Nicki Minaj dropped the Anaconda video, but it was a song that made you appreciate your assets even more.

10. Loyal - Chris Brown

The summer hitmaker that had the most faithful sing with pride.

11. Hot Boy - Bobby Shmurda

The one Vine that became an instant hit across the world.

12. No Type - Rae Sremmurd

When this duo hit the scene, there was no stopping them.

13. Tuesday - iLoveMakonnen

Although iLoveMakonnen was affiliated with other hit songs, this brought him on the charts.

14. I Don't F*ck With You - Big Sean

An anthem for all the college students who found out about their cheating significant other.

15. Hotline Bling - Drake

If you thought the number one song was going to stay in the summer, you thought wrong.

16. Jumpman - Future ft. Drake

Still kickin' it with this song playing in the background.