10 Top Things To Love About Fall

10 Top Things To Love About Fall

28
10 Top Things To Love About Fall
Wallpaper Safari

"It's fall y'all!" This year has flown by so quickly that I had not realized it was officially fall until the barista making my coffee exclaimed so to her coworkers. The heat that we have experienced this past summer is still lingering in the air, but is slowly cooling off. With that being said, I started to think about all of the reasons why fall should be our favorite season.

10. Leaves Changing

When I was little, I would be amazed by the colors that would appear on the trees, to what seemed to me at the time, overnight. This magical phenomenon was later explained to me in school; however, to this day I am still in awe at the magnificent colors that we see.

9. Cooler Weather

While I do love summer, fall has the most perfect weather. It's no longer so hot that you sweat just by walking to get a drink. The crisp air is refreshing and much needed after an excruciatingly hot summer. It's not cold enough to need at least four different layers of clothing. The 60-70 degree weather is perfect.

8. Pumpkins

Okay, I know what you are all thinking and I do not mean pumpkin everything. I do enjoy pumpkin spice coffee and pumpkin pie, but that's about it. Honestly, the whole pumpkin craze is a little bit out of hand. The other day at Food Lion I stumbled upon pumpkin spice tilapia. I mean seriously? For my number 8 I mean actual pulled-from-the-patch pumpkins. It was a family tradition to pick out our own pumpkins to make our super scary Jack-O-Lanterns.

7. Sweaters and Scarves

It's the time of year for some of the comfiest clothes ever! Sweaters, scarves, boots, and leggings oh my!

6. Hot Drinks

I love coffee. If i was being honest, I probably love it more than I should. Fall is the best time to start enjoying all of those warm drinks that you can't have in the heat of summer. Once the cooler weather hits, you'll almost always see me with a cup in hand.

5. Horror Movies

I am the biggest scaredy cat when it comes to horror movies, but believe it or not I love some of them. Possession and ghost movies scare the ever living daylight out of me; I am definitely more of a blood and guts kind of girl.

4. Corn Mazes

I remember going to the corn mazes in high school with all of my friends. While I have never participated in a haunted corn maze, I have ridden a haunted hay ride and let me tell you the whole they won't touch you unless you touch them nonsense is just that when your friends work there.

3. Heated Blankets/Fire Places

Cozying up by the fire with a good book is must in the fall. If you don't have a fireplace, I find that a heated blanket has almost the same effect.

2. Football

Football is here! I repeat football is here. Like many families in the south, my family is football crazy. With fall in the air it can only mean that it's the season for nights at the stadium cheering for your favorite team.

1. Holidays

Fall starts the holiday season and nothing is more important to me during this time than family. Fall means I am closer to spending some great quality time with the ones that I love and who wouldn't be excited about that!