4 Reasons You'll Be Obsessed With "The End Of The F***ing World" On Netflix | The Odyssey Online

4 Reasons You'll Be Obsessed With "The End Of The F***ing World" On Netflix

Need a new Netflix show to binge? We've found one!

484
YouTube | Netflix

In short, "The End of the F***ing World" takes place in Britain and is about two teenagers, with polar opposite personalities and motives, James and Alyssa, who leave home and embark on a journey to Alyssa's dad's house, running into many situations on the way.

Don't worry, I'll make sure to not leave any spoilers for those of you who are wanting to watch, but haven't yet. It's a great show and here are a few reasons why.

1. Every episode is jam-packed.

Even though every episode is only 22 minutes, it's filled with plot points and character development, especially for our main characters James and Alyssa. Each episode contains plot twists and emotional whirlwinds. The only downside to this is that the season is over in 8 short episodes, but well worth the watch and a quick binge.

2. The voice-overs are hilarious.

The voice overs juxtaposing our two main characters are the key source of its comedy. When James thinks one thing Alyssa contradicts it, and vice versa, leaving the audience in laughter. And even though the comedy flourishes in this department, it is not the only thing that makes the voice overs lovable. Character development stems from the voice overs as the characters don't really say much or mean the opposite of what they say. They could be argued as the main factor that makes our characters so lovable.

3. They have lovable characters.

Going off the idea of our lovable characters, we seem to have a connection to the main two. Because of their extreme opposite personalities, it can put them in an awkward situation, but also bring them closer together. We find this all the time in our common day to day friendships, even if anyone we know isn't to the extreme of these two characters. What also makes these favorable characters is the fact that they actually look the part. They look like normal humans, which is honestly the most relatable.

4. The cinematography is so vivid.

This entire show is that of a high budget Indie and is seen so through the cinematography. The shot compositions in many scenes are that of a work of art. They're consistently playing the mood by messing around with different lighting schemes. They're constantly showing our main characters faces cut down the middle with light and shadow, or another source of light, to physically show the inner conflicts they possess.

All in all, everyone has different reasons why they've loved the show, but it's clear that because of them, it's been booming recently on Netflix. It's a great show, so give it a watch, and let's hope they'll be making a season 2 soon! Let me know your reasons for loving the show, too!