16 'One Tree Hill' Quotes That Will Always Take Your Breath Away

457

As I come to the end of my most recent Netflix-binge-watching series, "One Tree Hill," I want to take a few minutes to look back at the words that reminded me why I love this show so much. Although "One Tree Hill" has its ridiculous, overly dramatic moments, such as countless tragedies, accidents, and cheating scandals, the main point of the show is about a group of friends who remain loyal to one another and life in a small town. Watching the characters grow up together and face hardships, heartbreaks and prosper the way they do reminds you to reflect on your own life and take the time to care about those who love you. It's hard to move on from this show and accept that you're done with it, but luckily we can remember the character's wise words forever.

“It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.” -- Nathan Scott

“You might wanna take a long hard look in the mirror and see if the person looking back at you is the kind of person you want to be.” -- Keith Scott

“Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know its the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who’s standing next to you." -- Peyton Sawyer

“So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, stumble and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe, you'll get everything you wish for, maybe you’ll get more than you could have ever imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination.” -- One Tree Hill

“They’re all looking for something to believe in. I think the music can be the thing that changes the world.” -- Peyton Sawyer

“And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey… is a fate more cruel.” -- Nathan Scott

“Sometimes my heat aches at how my life has turned out, in a good way. It doesn’t mean there haven’t been hardships, there have been but I’m here and here is good.” -- Brooke Davis

“I feel like people get lost when they think happiness is a destination. We always think that someday we’ll be happy. When we get that car or that job or that person in our lies who will fix everything, but happiness is a mood and it’s a condition. Not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry It’s not permanent. It comes and goes and that’s okay and if people would think that way they’d find happiness more often.” -- One Tree Hill

“Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep people away, but to see who cares enough to tear those walls down.” -- One Tree Hill

“Do you ever wonder if we make the moments in our lives or if the moments in our lives make us? -- One Tree Hill

“Let’s play truth or dare, or maybe just dare because nobody knows how to tell the truth anymore.” -- Brooke Davis

“It feels so much worse when you expect more from somebody.” -- Brooke Davis

“If you just hold on and find the courage to face it all for just another day, someone or something will find you and make it all ok.” -- Quinn James

“Someone once said that death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live.” -- Haley James Scott

“I gave you my heart and that’s all I can give you, and if that’s not enough, then I’m not enough.” -- Lucas Scott

"I don’t really think people can change, you know, at the end of the day you are who you are and it’s probably who you’ve always been.” -- Nathan Scott