10 Easy Tips For Ordering At Starbucks

10 Easy Tips For Ordering At Starbucks

28
10 Easy Tips For Ordering At Starbucks
informationweek.com

As a college student, you've probably heard of "that girl" or "that guy." Nobody wants to be "that girl" or "that guy" at a party or at the football tailgate. There is not set definition on how to become "that girl" or "that guy," but a general idea usually pops into your head when you hear that phrase.

As a barista, I can tell you that "that girl" or "that guy" can be found anywhere. Like at Starbucks, we have "that customer." Here are some tips on how to not be "that customer."

1. Ask questions. Seriously. I want you to have the best drink possible, but I'm not a mind reader. If you don't know if we have something or if we can make something, then just ask and I'll be more than happy to tell you.

2.Baristas don't hate the secret menu. A lot of the drinks on the secret menu are actually really good and even I get them sometimes, too! However, I am not trained to know how to make any of them, so please order with the ingredients.

3. We can see you at the drive-thru speaker box. We have a camera on the speaker box. Just a little heads up.

4. Don't stare me down while I make your drink. Please. It's a little terrifying to have someone watching your every move while trying to concentrate on not messing up any drinks.

5. Remember what you ordered. Most of the time, the person who took your order and the person that made your drink are two different people. So when you ask the person who made your drink, "Is this mine?" they probably will have no clue.

6. The more espresso shots in your drink, the longer your drink will take to make. A shot of espresso takes anywhere from 17 to 21 seconds for them to come from the machine. If you order five shots in your drink, it's going to take longer than a normal drink.

7. Yes, we run out of food. We only pull a certain amount of food to be sold each day. Sometimes we run out, and we are really sorry, but usually there is nothing we can do about it. If you come in the afternoon a lot and we're always out of something, try coming at an earlier time.

8. Understand what you order. A cappuccino with no foam is a latte. Macchiatos are when the espresso is poured after the milk. Frappuccinos cannot come hot. If a barista corrects you on something, it's to help understand what you want. I promise we're not trying to be mean.

9. Baristas do not control the prices. I understand it's annoying to have to pay an extra $0.20 for your coffee, but I didn't change the prices nor can I change them back. Please don't get mad at me about them. I would be more than happy to give you our corporate office's number.

10. I don't know anything about the Starbucks app. I don't know anything about earning stars or why it says you don't have money even though you just reloaded. We don't get any training about the app. I will try my best to help you, but 1-800-STARBUC is who you want to call if you need help with it.

11. Bonus fun fact: Treinta cups, the extra large size for iced coffees and iced teas, are 32 ounces and can fit an entire bottle of wine.

I hope these tips help you next time you make a Starbucks run!