What Your Starbucks Order Says About You

28

You’re in college, therefore, you drink coffee. If you don’t drink coffee, I would suggest a life re-evaluation. Once you do that and come to the conclusion that you should be drinking coffee as a survival tactic, you may return to this page and see what your new favorite Starbucks beverage says about you. 

For those of you who, like me, are already at this wonderful point in your lives, keep reading to find out what your favorite Starbucks drink says about your . 

Coffee black. You don’t mess around. You like to get right to the point, you don’t play games and you ask direct, pointed questions. Sometimes, you need to remember to hold your tongue because your blunt personality can come off as insensitive, although you may not mean to be. You don’t take crap from people, and you stick up for yourself when you feel threatened or taken advantage of. You also probably knock back bottles of scotch like it’s your job.

Skinny vanilla latte. If this is your drink order, you probably also maintain other basic qualities. You enjoy getting your nails done -- while wearing your Lululemons, of course -- you’re obsessed with online shopping and The Bachelor, and you also probably have a not-so-secret love for Diet Coke. You’re most definitely in a sorority, and you wear your letters everywhere. Don’t be ashamed of your drink order, though. Skinny Vanilla Latte knows how to have fun. You will see her everywhere you go, always put together and always surrounded by admirers. Just remember, Skinny Vanilla Latte, you have more going for you than your Lulus and your online shopping skills. You’re probably not as basic as you make yourself out to be. 

Mocha. Your sweet tooth matches your personality, Mocha. You’re adventurous and energetic (probably from all that sugar) and your positive energy is infectious. You are probably a daddy’s girl, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a goody-two-shoes. You enjoy playing ultimate Frisbee on the quad when it’s nice outside, and you have the energy for those long runs that keep you in shape. With your energy comes spontaneity, which is why you’re so much fun to go out with; no one night is the same as another. You might have some trouble sitting still and you probably get bored easily, which can cause some problems for personal relationships, but your bubbly personality is so hard to stay away from that it usually doesn’t cause too much trouble. Just know that you don’t have to be happy-go-lucky all the time, Mocha, even though you may feel like you have to. You can let that smile down every once in a while!

Dirty chai. Dirty is the emphasized word here. You get down, girl. You know how to have a good time, and you don’t let anybody stop you from dancing on that bar. You don’t care what people say about you, and you throw caution to the wind on a night out. Because, why not? You’re only young once, right? People are drawn to you for a good time because they know you’re the life of the party. But don’t go too hard, Dirty Chai. You still need to make sure to balance your social life with your academics. You’ll be surprised at how smart you really are once you hit the books.

Cotton candy frappucino. This drink, from the Starbucks secret menu, is adventurous and courageous. If you order this drink, you like to stray from the beaten path and make your own rules. You might have trouble following instructions, because you like to improvise and be a leader. This isn’t a bad thing, Cotton Candy Frappucino. You usually gain a following with your creative ideas, and you’re a great leader. Sometimes you have trouble going with the flow and being a follower, but your creative, outside-the-box mindset makes you great to work with on group projects, and you’re a great decision maker. When you let loose, you go crazy. I’m talking body shots and losing your favorite pair of shoes. You can find that balance; it might just take some time. Maybe next time, spring for a caramel macchiato; it’s just as sugary and enthusiastic, but it’s a little more laid back. I think you’ll like what you taste. 

There is no scientific correlation between coffee beverage choice and personality, so if you are really that desperate for a description, but your drink isn’t on the above list, make one up. You know yourself way better than I do. And if you do fall under one of these drink orders, don’t read too much into it. Moral of the story: don’t let your coffee define you. Now, go drink some tea. It's way better for you.