Dear Guys, She Knows Everything

Dear Guys, She Knows Everything

Why you should never keep things from your significant other.

24
Dear Guys, She Knows Everything

Dear Guys,

Over the years, I have picked up on this very unpleasant trend many of you seem to be quite fond of. It’s always the same story, and frankly, it’s getting kind of old. I don’t know why you do it time and time again, but I am here to tell you that your chances of getting away with it are slim. It’s simple really: Don’t lie to girls. We will always find out.

The secrets, lying, cheating, sneaking around or whatever other shady behaviors you are choosing to take part in need to stop. I am here to warn you and hopefully give you some insight as to why going behind your partner’s back is ill-advised (besides the obvious reason that is morally wrong).

You will get caught. I know you think you have the situation under control, but I’m going to let you in on a little secret. She knows. She knows everything, and on the slight chance that she doesn’t know yet, she will find out eventually. Maybe your intentions weren’t always bad, but regardless, your actions will undoubtedly fall victim to the snowball effect.

There is no point in wasting your time lying to her. You are just digging yourself a bigger hole. If you get caught in a lie, it would be wise to confess because more likely than not your significant other has a great deal of evidence stacked up against you. Just because she hasn’t confronted you doesn’t mean she’s clueless. Typically this means she is strategically planning and waiting for the perfect moment to question your behavior and demolish you in the process.

What once was a little white lie could easily spiral into a relationship-threatening issue that could have easily been avoided. The truth will get you farther than you think, my friends.

As women, we tend to fall for you. You’re charming, sweet and easy on the eyes. You probably have a sense of humor, and you play all of your cards right, but is seems that the second we let our guard down you end up screwing us over. I bet you can imagine that this doesn’t make for a happy girl.

This is taken to a whole new level when you come up with the brilliant idea to bring another girl into the mix. The excessive flirting, late night Snapchat booty calls and secret rendezvous with your side chick do not go unnoticed, no matter how subtle you think you are being. The juggling act gets harder and harder the longer you drag it on. You will slip up; you will make mistakes, and each time you do we take mental note.

Whether you are secretly insecure and are trying to prove to your peers that you have “game," or whether you are simply bored in your relationship and just want to check out the other fish in the sea, you are making a costly mistake. We may seem sweet and lovable on the outside, but the second you cross us we can do some damage.

Keep in mind the girl code does exist. We may not all be best friends, we may have our catty moments, and we may pick each other apart at times, but at the end of the day, we will stand up and protect each other. We tend to have our radar on at all times. We hear things, even if we aren’t intentionally trying to eavesdrop. It's not our fault you present us with valuable information; you might as well send it out on a silver platter.

We are not afraid to rat you out to the poor girl you think you are fooling. We notice the little things, like the notifications that repeatedly light up your phone, and we see the way your facial expressions change depending on whom you are replying to. We are not naïve; that smirk can’t possibly be innocent.

We have mastered the art of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram stalking. Taking measures like changing the privacy settings on your social media accounts won’t protect you, if we want to see something, I can assure you we will find a way.

You may be thinking all of this sounds like a lot of work, and that us girls sound a bit psycho. This may, in fact, have some truth to it at times, but I promise you your life will be a lot easier if you just follow the one golden rule. Don’t lie to us. It couldn't be more simple.

Here are a few tips that I am hoping will help you in your relationships down the road:

1. If you truly aren't happy in your relationship then break up, don't cheat. Breakups can be rough, but nothing is worse than the wrath of your significant other when she finds out that you were unfaithful. You can't possibly escape the reputation that comes with the deed (or the giant target on your back).

2. If you are lying about something to "protect her" because you think that she will be mad or hurt if she heard the truth, keep in mind that she will be madder if she finds out from someone else later on.

3. Don't underestimate us. We are all secretly detectives and have a team of secret agents working alongside us to uncover all of your dirty details.

I hope this inspires you to reevaluate the way you have been living your life. Save us all the trouble and avoid lying to us girls at all costs. Good luck to you all in your future romantic endeavors. I wish you the best.

Love,

Girls Who Know All