Why College Is Better Than High School

Why College Is Better Than High School

College is the free reign opportunity we were shielded from in high school

4
Why College Is Better Than High School
Center For Outdoor Ethics

Hey to any and everyone who happens to be reading this article. Most of us are first year students in college. We are currently realizing the drastic differences college life has to offer. If you happen to be reading this, and you are still in high school, I must say you will not truly understand this until you are in college.

So let's just jump right in. I initially believed highschool life was the best. I enjoyed seeing all my friends in the same classes, and eatting at the same lunch tables. Field trips were amazing, when the school wasn't too broke to fund such events. I enjoyed school, and the fact that I was no longer in middle school. Even as a freshmen in high school, I felt accomplished. I mean come on: 9th grade is a huge step, no matter what people say, or if you get booed by upper classmen at prep rallys. Me saying college is better than high school doesn't mean I don't cherish all the memories I made, but college is indeed better than high school, and this is why.

Highschool doesn't allow you to understand real life sitiuations. I'm sorry, but learning about why Timmy went to the store and bought 10 watermelons, then solving for what x would be if he gave 3.5678 pieces of each watermelon away, teaches you nothing. In high school you were allowed to make mistakes, turn in late work, and could rely on a teacher coming up to you to tell you what you need to make up, or maybe missing in the grade book. Sorry, real life is not like that at all. You have to fend for yourself, make smart decisons, and actually study. You won't have classes with all your friends, but you get to make great bonds with millions of people from different backgrounds, instead of kids that just live in the neighborhood.

if you are cursing in class, I'm sure the teacher will tell you that you're speaking inappropriately. Well, in college, the teachers are the ones cussing, so if you have a potty mouth, you have free reign to let it loose. Everyone here realizes they are new to college, and aren't judgmental like high school students. Wanna wear sweat pants? Freaking wear them. Nobody cares how you look whatsoever. Wanna stay up playing games, going out on the town? You can. Wanna sleep in until 12? have a class at 1? Go ahead. You legit have options in college. High school is restricting. In college, you can join clubs that are better than just reading books: legit clubs for things that interest you like bee club, glass blowing, art, dueling, and sleeping. Although all colleges offer different things, the possibilities are endless.

if you happen to stay in the dorms, it will change your life forever. I have already met so many loving people in the matter of 5 days. People who are willing to study, and go out and hang out. I mean you can leave and come as you please, where you get penalized in high school for even trying to eat off campus.

I guess I say all of this because in high school, we are mice traped in a maze of a school, but in college you are a wild flower allowed to blossom in any way, shape, or form.