Clean Eating Challenge: The Genesis

Clean Eating Challenge: The Genesis

This is making me have the need to eat celery.

26
Clean Eating Challenge: The Genesis

Jordan’s Initial Thoughts:

After wallowing in my own funk and misery of full-belly on the day after Thanksgiving, I told friends I was thinking of embarking on a clean eating journey. Some chimed in and agreed to follow along, other scoffed at me and sent photos of me shoving chicken nuggets and my ever-so-famous meal of Mexican restaurant rice smothered in queso. Yep, I have two spectrums of eating: Like a man, or nothing at all. Needless to say, I’m an ex-health freak and no longer give two flying dangs about my diet. It’s since been a couple weeks, and many friends have fallen off the “let’s get shredded” band wagon. When I tried to think of someone that would whole-heartedly do this with me, I thought, who else would lay in bed and eat Bojangles while researching fad diets and looking at hot Insta-Vegan-Models for some thinsporation? My gal Kalin. That’s who. I’m #blessed that Kalin is by my side, here to do this thing with me. Can I part from only drinking coffee all day and then eating copious amounts of trans-fats at 8PM? I’m asking myself the same thing.

Kalin’s Initial Thoughts:

After Jordan texted me asking if I wanted to partake in a clean eating journey I looked at my life: I was hungover in bed, bloated from a weekend of drinking more than I should have, binge watching Netflix (again), eating a Bojangles combo, all while reading an article about losing weight in college. I took a second to sigh at my joke of a life and immediately texted her back absolutely, even if you have to force-feed me vegetables and rip the newly legal beer bottle from my hand. I was a triathlete this summer. I actually got myself to go to the gym five times a week and notably monitored everything I was eating, and desperately wanted to exclusively eat clean. And then school started again. And with that came living in a college apartment with my senior friends and living up our senior year of college while using the majority of our money on alcohol and greasy food the next morning to help combat the festering alcohol clotting our livers with bad decisions and regrets. This is making me have the need to eat celery.

Our goal:

To eat clean, mainly….hopefully. Essentially, to cut the junk from our life. As college students, it’s going to be tough, but our goal is to eat as many fruits, veggies, and lean meats as possible throughout the next few weeks, and to report back to everyone else as to how it changed us for the better…or for worse. As for the point of view from Kalin: turning 21 is not for the faint of heart, the weak of liver, or the one wanting to lose weight.

Jordan’s Food Journal as of today (December 6th)

-McDonalds Hot Carmel Mocha Coffee (non-fat) w/ whip.

Kalin’s Food Journal as of today (December 6th)

-Krispy Kreme doughnut(s) (okay three, ugh)

-Burger and Miller High Life pint while watching the Panthers go 12-0

Jordan’s comments on her food journal today:
I am legitimately ashamed. Ah, and at the same time, I have no shame. (*sigh*). I’m so nervous about exams, it’s literally impossible to eat, also, I’m too lazy to go anywhere to get food. I’d rather starve than move from my warm domicile. Ahhh..blankets.I also later had a cookout tray at like 2:00 AM.

Kalin’s comments on her food journal today:

I would say I regret this, but I in no way do. I guess I might need to tone down my trans fats and not plan my diet around football Sundays, but would I still be American if I did that? Because I have a hard time believing I could be. Back to “studying” for exams and “preparing for the real world.” My life is a joke.