Christmas Then Versus Now

Christmas Then Versus Now

How my holiday has changed in the last 15 years.

1231
Christmas Then Versus Now

It would be an understatement to say that my Christmas traditions have changed a little from how I celebrated them when I was five years old. I don’t think it is any more or less enjoyable; it has just changed. The older I get, the more my tastes and habits change, and so do my family traditions.

DECEMBER 15

Then: Christmas Tree shopping and decorating with the whole family

Now: Christmas is in 10 days? I have so many other things to do before thinking about Christmas

www.picgifs.com

DECEMBER 20

Then: Annual Santa visit and picture followed by a night out to dinner

Now: Maybe it’s time to get a Christmas tree. Ehh… maybe tomorrow.

www.babygizmo.com

DECEMBER 24

Then: Finish wrapping presents and relax and watch Christmas movies

Now: I think now is a good time to take our family picture at the mall in front of the Christmas tree

www.pinterest.com

8:00 DECEMBER 24

Then: Bedtime! We have to go to bed early for Santa

Now: Probably a good time to start wrapping presents, right?

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

12:00 AM DECEMBER 25

Then: Asleep in bed waiting for the morning

Now: Almost done wrapping presents so that I can finally go to sleep

people.howstuffworks.com

8:00 AM DECEMBER 25

Then:Wake up!! Present time! Time to wake up our parents so that we can open presents

Now: Still fast asleep, why would we wake up before at least 9 am?

ifunny.co

10:30 AM DECEMBER 25

Then: Presents are all done! Now let’s play with our toys before going to our family’s house

Now: Wake up! My parents have to wake us up, otherwise we will never be ready on time. Almost forgot about the presents!

www.universityprimetime.com

1:00 to 8:00 PM DECEMBER 25

Then and Now: Go to my families’ houses and celebrate and have an amazing time. This hasn’t changed

www.dreamstime.com

10:00 PM DECEMBER 25

Then: Bedtime after a long day

Now: Time to watch a Christmas movie! First relaxing moment in a whole week!

www.playbuzz.com

12:00 AM DECEMBER 26

Then: Still sound asleep

Now: Finally bedtime, Christmas is over

www.frolic-through-life.com

Although many things have changed over the years, one thing that hasn’t changed are the feelings and the love around this amazing holiday. I know that I will always have a wonderful time and make fun memories with my family during Christmastime and I know that is all that matters.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!