Cheap/Free Dates Ideas In the Tampa Bay Area

Having trouble planning out your next date?

621
Matthew Paulson

The Tampa Bay area is home to a variety of shopping centers. But who said dates have to cost money? To me a great date isn't determined by the price or fanciness of the outing, but the time spent together as well as the smiles and memories made. Below I listed a few free and cheap things to do for your next date or outing.

1. Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park

The Curtis Hixon Waterfront park is located on the Hillsborough River in downtown Tampa, across from the University of Tampa. There is no entrance fee, so you will only need to pay for parking. There is a grassy terrace that overlooks the park and the river. Here you can pack a meal and watch the sunset on a nice afternoon.

2. Historic Ybor

Ybor is home to a variety of different shops and restaurant. On the weekends you can go to the Saturday Market where there are vendors who sell home made jewelry, art, crafts, foods as well as fresh produce. Ybor has a State park that has free admission, however the museum costs four dollars. Historic Ybor is a nice scenic place to take a walk through during the day.

3. Lettuce Lake Park

With the small fee of two dollars, you have access to this beautiful park where you can walk down nature trails, view wild life and have a picnic. What makes Lettuce Lake Park a cool spot is the observatory that allows you to view the Hillsborough river from up above.

4. Tampa Riverwalk

The Riverwalk runs down the Hillsborough river in downtown Tampa. It is a great place to take a nice scenic walk or bike ride. At night the Riverwalk lights up different colors and you are able to get a nice view of the Tampa skyline. There is no cost to walk down the Riverwalk, so the only thing you would have to pay for is parking.

5. Yuengling Brewery

The Yuengling Brewery offers free tours, as well as samples to those over the age of 21. You can still go on a tour if you are under the age of 21, however you cannot try any of the samples.

6. Tampa Museum of Art

The Tampa Museum of Art is located on the Hillsborough River in downtown Tampa. The museum contains permanent collections as well as traveling collections that change every few months. It is free for college students with valid student Id's.

7. Dali Museum

The Salvador Dali Museum is located in St. Petersburg. The Dali holds the largest collection of Salvador Dali's art work. After you explore the museum you can go for a stroll around the neighborhood or take advantage of the scenery for photo opportunities. Admission to the Dali Museum is free for University of South Florida students, as long as you have your student ID.

8. USF Botanical Gardens

The gardens is located at the University of South Florida. Here you can go for a stroll on a path and view hundreds of different kinds of colorful plants. Admission is one dollar for USF students or five dollars for adults.

9. Bayshore Boulevard

Bayshore is a great place to go for a bike ride or a walk and look across Tampa Bay. There is no charge to walk or bike along the path, so the only thing you'd have to be mindful about is parking. While on your walk or bike ride you can admire the architecture of the beautiful homes on the bay.