So Caitlyn Jenner, any regrets yet?

So Caitlyn Jenner, any regrets yet?

You can be 100% honest, we'll probably agree with you.

15
So Caitlyn Jenner, any regrets yet?

After Caitlyn Jenner’s big reveal, there’s been nonstop talk about transgender rights, equality, and appreciation. I have never been one to judge or look down upon on someone for his or her beliefs or choices, but from research and statistics, the ratio of male to female reassignment surgeries are more than triple the number of female to male reassignment surgeries. It’s been said that the male to female reassignments are cheaper and easier to do, but even after it’s all said and done I don’t think these poor men have any idea what they are getting themselves into, literally. The other day a friend and I were watching “I am Cait” and were joking as to why a man would even consider putting themselves through what we do. After the conversation, it really got me thinking about all the little things we do as women that become such habits, we don’t realize how big of a pain these things really are.

As a young girl forcing her brother into makeup, dresses, and tea parties, he still blames me to this day for his acne and feet problems from all the plastic high heels I managed to force his feet into. (Secretly, I think overall he enjoyed the tea parties more than he claims to though). Honestly, who could blame him? Because I sure don’t. Being a female isn’t worth half of the things we manage to put up with, such as the 24/7 hygiene maintenance, product expenses, and not to mention the harassment about feminist lectures we receive daily about what we should and shouldn’t be doing as “ladies”. So my question here is, why is the push for men turning women so encouraged? Because if I were asked, being a woman is a lot harder than you think.

Men are always telling us how easy we have it and if you consider free bar cover, drinks, and meals “easier” then sure. Of course being a female has its perks and if it weren’t for Beyonce helping me embrace my womanhood, I probably would’ve just given up on it a long time ago. We may “run the world”, but at a costly price. I can’t even begin to add up how much money I spend monthly on makeup, hair products, nail care, toiletries, appointments, and junk food for those occasional cravings. And not even the cost but the time that goes into it as well. Getting my eyebrows done alone costs about $15 with a tip included, and I know that doesn’t sound like a lot but getting those trimmed up every other week adds up. That’s roughly about $45 A MONTH. Do you know what can be bought with $45? Tons of things, and that’s just money spent on EYEBROWS.

Not only is being a woman costly, but the amount of time we put into ourselves just to be presentable is ridiculous. Excluding the 5 days out of the week we spend lounging around in our t-shirts, norts, and messy buns, those days don’t count, I’m talking about a typical night out with the gals that requires more time getting ready than the time spent out having fun. (Okay that’s a bit dramatic it only takes about and hour and a half to two hours but still, that’s a pretty good chunk of time.) Going out to get my nails done takes about an hour to and hour and a half, going and getting your hair done can take up a good chunk of time as well but for the ladies like me who have decided to invest in highlights or any type of hair coloring, we know better than to make any plans within the two to three hour time span within our appointment time.

Keeping up with trends and the newest in fashion can become a headache and frustrating when you’re struggling on a budget as it is but can’t say no to the cute booties in the window. If you’re like me, shopping for clothes can almost become a hassle because eyeballing clothing to see if they may or may not fit just isn’t an option. Going up in top sizes because you are “blessed” doesn’t always feel like a blessing when you’re spending hours in the dressing room trying to find that perfect fit. Unless you’re lucky enough to have that thigh gap, add in another hour for trying on every fit in the store because thunder thighs are real and show no remorse.

If rumors are true Caitlyn, we wouldn’t blame you for missing your role as Bruce.