"I'm afraid of a lot of things, but I'm not a coward. That's one thing I could never be. I'd hate myself." - Midnight At The Electric - The Odyssey Online

21 Book Quotes That Have Helped Me Enter A New Chapter In Reality

Sometimes, you can learn more about the real world in books than you think.

249
Pexels / picjumbo
https://images.pexels.com/photos/210661/pexels-photo-210661.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=750&w=1260

I've read a lot of books and from each one, I've learned a lot. There are so many quotes that I got from each book I've read that I felt are important to keep in my life. They gave me new ideas and made me see in new perspectives. They could state something crazy or something that I already know and still make me think about it. There are also many ways to connect with each one, they can be interpreted in different ways, also. There are some quotes that are from the same book, but it just means I can take more from the book.

"It takes a lot of courage to stand up to our enemies, but it takes even greater courage to stand up to our friends." - Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone

"Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read." - Clockword Princess

"You can only sharpen a blade so far. In the end, it comes down to the quality of the metal." - Six Of Crows

"Someday. I hated that word." - Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe

"No one ever thinks they're awful, even people who really actually are. It's some sort of survival mechanism." - Station Eleven

"Most successful missions are just a series of barely averted disasters." - A Torch Against The Night

"In short, the government is like a surgeons scalpel. It's an intrusive tool that can be used for good or for ill. Wielded carefully and judiciously, it will facilitate the body's remarkable ability to heal itself. In the wrong hands, or wielded overzealously with even the best of intentions, it can cause great harm." - Naked Economics

"Stories are wild creatures, when you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreck." - A Monster Calls

"If you let other people make the decisions, you can't complain about what they decide." - All Good Children

"Shame holds more value than a coin ever can." - Six Of Crows

"I'm afraid of a lot of things, but I'm not a coward. That's one thing I could never be. I'd hate myself." - Midnight At The Electric

"Do you think it's bad - to doubt?" "No. I think it's smart." - Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe

"Just because he's a good leader doesn't mean he's a good person." - An Ember In The Ashes

"For every man there exists bait he cannot resist swallowing." - Night Film

"Look, I do think that, um, the media actually made people accountable, because they made people think." - The Laramie Project

"That anyone is capable of anything at any time, given a certain set of condition." - Neverworld Wake

"I don't care if there are cracks in us, we are still us. We don't have to be perfect to be right." - Midnight At The Electric

"That's just the way: a person does a low-down thing, and then he don't want to take no consequences of it. Thinks as longs as he can hide it, it ain't no disgrace." - Huckleberry Finn

"It wasn't the right thing to say, but sometimes these things come out. You could take only so much blind, stupid ignorance without cracking around the edges a bit." - The Bane Chronicles

"When you fight a monster, be careful you don't become a monster." - Gemina

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you." - The Fault In Our Stars

There are many, many more quotes that have inspired me and the number will just keep increasing with every book that I read. I will continue to learn from each book and discover new ideas and perspectives and travel to many places around the universe. Each quote is different in its own way. They may tell me the same thing, but it doesn't stop me from writing them down and sharing them with others.