5 Best Places To Cry In College: Columbia College Chicago Edition

170

Relationship troubles, homesickness, homework stress, your mom told you you are not her favorite child via Facebook status, "Law & Order: SVU," the sudden realization you're going to die alone — these are just a few of the reasons everyone cries. Let's be honest, with the lack of privacy in the dorm rooms, it may seem impossible to find the perfect place to let the water works flow.

Fear not, I have cried in just about every place possible on CCC and have found the hottest spots to sob!

5. Your dorm bathroom.

Locked doors and access to running water, what more could you ask for when crying? This spot is ideal for crying about your family and home, because nothing says "home sweet home" like crying on the toilet!

4. The theatre building.

Everyone thinks theatre majors are emotional and dramatic, so why not perpetuate that stereotype and weep your heart out. Don't worry if students and professors stare at you, they are just in awe of how you can cry on command like a true thespian; they'll never know you're lonely and have been single for 20 years.

3. The streets of Chicago.

People ignore the homeless on the streets, so they will probably ignore you too! If you do get noticed, you might get some cash, make a new friend or even get hit on! (Your girl did get hit on while crying on Plymouth Court a few blocks away from 731. SERIOUSLY NOT JOKING.)

2. At a party.

Nothing says your the belle of the ball like balling your eyes out. I have cried at a party before. In fact, it was at my first college party (RIP Babe Palace), and I must say it was very rewarding. A lot of emotions were released that night, and I made new friends. I would definitely cry at a party again. I might just cry at every party I go to.

1. Screw it, cry anywhere.

Go ahead cry in your dorm. Why should care you if your roommate catches you in the middle of your crying session? Never change who you truly are. NEVER CHANGE! CRY IN PUBLIC LIKE THE ADULT YOU ARE!

P.S. You can always hit up your girl Natty Ice (that's me) if you don't want to cry alone.