Being The Single Friend This Holiday Sesaon - The Odyssey Online

Being The Single Friend This Holiday Sesaon

As told by "Parks and Rec"

7

The single friend is a major role of the friend group. It has its ups and downs, but takes on a whole new role as the holidays approach (mostly the role of photographer.) As we find ourselves third wheeling in an assortment of holiday couple activities, the all-star crew of "Parks and Rec" explains the struggle of being the single friend this holiday season.

Your friends won't stop harassing you about finding a man to spend the holidays with.

I'm already in a committed relationship with Netflix, is that not enough for you people?

Your only other single friend decides to get a boyfriend.

There's nothing lonelier than having no one to be lonely with.

So you're now forced to fifth wheel on a trip to New York City because they insist you come do things clearly meant for couples with them.

Because ice skating behind you guys while you held hands wasn't enough, please take me to the tree, the gathering place of all couples.

And then they ask you to take their picture kissing in front of the tree.

At least you'll get a shout out on Instagram for the picture credit.

Your one friend won't stop talking about all the gifts her boyfriend bought her.

Well, my mom got me all four "Hunger Games" movies on DVD, so who's the real winner here?

You watch too many rom-com Christmas movies, and your friends catch you in a moment of weakness.

What can I say, "It's a Wonderful Life" gets me every time.

Then when they try to console you, you kindly remind them...

Until my life turns into a Nicholas Sparks movie, this will hold true.

Your friends' boyfriends complain about all the couple things their girlfriends have made them do this season.

And I'm silently judging you for dressing up as an elf with her to that Christmas themed party last week.

At a New Year's Eve party and it seems like you're going to be the only one without a midnight kiss.

As Drake once said, "you my right hand, you my go-to."

Then, you accidentally drunk text your ex telling him it will be another good year with out him in your life.

Followed by a sincerely apologetic morning text.

But, in the end, you know that you don't need a man to have a good time this holiday season, friends and family are more than enough company.

And, hey, there's always next year.

It's time to do you this holiday season. And the best part about having friends with boyfriends is, there's always someone to carry you home.