A Beautiful Daydream | The Odyssey Online

A Beautiful Daydream

The daydream most of us have at some point in our lives.

20
A Beautiful Daydream
http://wallpoper.com/wallpaper/abstract-blue-308791

There you are, sitting in that beautifully crafted blanket of warm compliments and reinforced actions of security. You can feel them smiling at you as your mind dances recklessly into the future. They nudge you gently and ask you with that velvet voice.

“What are you thinking about?”

Your mind stops in its tracks as the dove that carried their message flutters quickly into your head. Moving your head gently as if not to damage the fragile pieces of sensuality that rest between you, the two of you. Just as your eyes attempt to rest softly on them, the world would start to blur into a silver mist. Everything around them becoming void as your focus lands on them and only them. Their lips curl into a soft smile as you both start to travel through a tunnel painted to the archways in a wild verity of blues and purples.

Soon the colors fade and the tunnel comes to an end. Entering this space that could only be described as warm and charmed. Your gaze takes a walk around the new world you find yourself in. The clean and happy faces of friends and family stand as light posts for the green and still guard around you. Flowers twisting their lives around each other and reaching out towards you in approval. You take a moment to speak with the sky and sun, both only offering you a small bow and a bright smile. Birds of all shapes and colors come down from their adventures in their sea and land down upon the old dried oak arches above you. It is then you return your gaze to the one who brought you here in the first place. They look at you with the same smile that drove you to the breaks in your own mind as the filters tore away and the fires took hold of the old chapters you’ve yet to reread. Their eyes play with you the same way they did on the day you left behind the world that was once covered in marks of vibrant colors and stained with the blood of dreams never seen through.

A moment flashes by and the angel that helps guide your hands towards theirs slowly starts to speak in a voice that will be the announcement to an ever growing future. She threads the needle beautifully as she continues to craft the foreground for the play inspired verses that you will soon attempt to let slip out between your open lips. You’ve done it, and the armies of your truth march confidently onto an eternal field of battle. They look at you with a smile that could have only been crafted by a god in which you’ve not yet thanked for the time they have spent crafting this masterpiece for you. The angel smiles her heavenly smile with the needle held high and ready.

“Do you-”

“Yes.”

Time waves her playful hand as the moment you’ve crafted time and time again with your mind is finally starting to rise before you. She smiles at you before shaking her head, and with a flick of her vindictive wrist, she sends your body forcefully back through the same tunnel of blues and purples that you had already once come from. You feel the cool mists start to lay down gently on your cheek before your mind flicks the power back on. The form of them reappears in front of you in the same loving position you had left them in. The warmth of their existence filling you like a flood as you stare admiringly at them.

“Oh, nothing.”

You say with a twisted tongue before giving them just a dash more of the truth with the plate of a gentle whisper.

“Just daydreaming.”