An Ode To Alan Rickman

An Ode To Alan Rickman

54
An Ode To Alan Rickman

On Thursday morning, the iconic and beloved British actor Alan Rickman died after a long battle with cancer. Rickman was 69 years old. Rickman starred in several films but is known by most people as the incredibly sly Slytherin Severus Snape, the Half Blood Prince. In my opinion, Rickman did an incredible job acting as Snape. Throughout the Harry Potter series, you grow to hate and then love Snape for all that he has done.

However, that is only one of several iconic films Rickman has starred in. So without further ado, here are some of Alan Rickman's best moments.

5. Love Actually

This is a collection of stories loosely linked together during the holiday season. Rickman plays Emma Thompson's husband and throughout the film we see how their relationship gets strained because of Rickman's affair. Both Rickman and Thompson executed the storyline flawlessly.

4. Galaxy Quest

Personally, this is one of my favorite movies. It's a comedy where a bunch of actors from a once popular TV show known as Galaxy Quest are participating in a convention circuit (similar to ComicCon) when they get attacked by real aliens. Rickman's character is hilarious with all the sass he dishes out.

3. Harry Potter

I think this goes without saying that the movie that most millennials will remember Rickman from is Harry Potter. As someone who has both read and watched the movies several times, Rickman was the perfect actor to play Severus Snape. He was everything I imagined Snape to be and every time I watch the final Harry Potter movie "The Deathly Hallows Part Two", I always cry when Harry realizes that Snape was not such a bad guy after all and he really did care for him.

2. Die Hard

One of the best villains in Die Hard is Hans Gruber. Rickman's acting abilities gave the Die Hard series a chance to be more than an action movie as a thriller as well. The battle between John McClane and Hans Gruber is one that will be remembered forever by Die Hard fans everywhere.

1. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Although Rickman was not the Robin Hood but the Sheriff of Nottingham, Rickman's performance in this film was amazing. Even though Rickman was only a supporting actor in this film, it really goes to show you that good actors can be found anywhere

I hope you enjoyed this list of Alan Rickman's best roles, and may Alan Rickman rest in peace (Always).