ABC's Of The Arrowverse On CW

ABC's Of The Arrowverse On CW

26 alphabetical tidbits about the Arrowverse.

102
ABC's Of The Arrowverse On CW
Melty

The Arrowverse consists of three shows based off DC Comic characters on the CW: Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow. As a fan of all three episodes, I've compiled a list of 26 things about these three shows in this little universe they've created on the CW.

Arrow:

The name of the show that started it all. Arrow is also the name of the hero in the original series until Season 4 when he began to refer to himself as the Green Arrow.

Bruce Springsteen:

The show-runners of Arrow have named each penultimate episode of each season after a Bruce Springsteen song. Season 1 was "Darkness on the Edge of Town", Season 2 was "Streets of Fire", Season 3 was "This Is Your Sword" and Season 4 will be "Lost in the Flood".

Canaries:

Laurel and Sarah Lance, aka the Black and White Canary (respectively). Both of them have had their fair share of struggles, including Sara being dead (or presumed dead) multiple times.

Deathstroke:

Main villain of Arrow Season 2 and arguably the best villain on the series so far. When Slade (Deathstroke) first met Oliver on Lian Yu, he actually helped train to become a better fighter. Things went south between the two of them when Oliver was forced to choose between Sara and Shado (the girl Slade was in love with), and when Slade found out, he wasn’t happy.

Earth Two:

The original home of many of the villains that have appeared in The Flash Season 2, including Zoom. Because of this, the team at STAR Labs had to close the breaches that allowed the villains to come to their Earth.

Flash:

The main character of the first spinoff show of Arrow. Barry Allen got his powers after an accident with the particle accelerator caused him to get struck by lightning and gain super speed powers.

Grodd:

A Gorilla raised by fellow STAR Labs scientist, Caitlin Snow. He gained super intelligence and psychic powers after the particle accelerator accident and was a formidable for The Flash. He is also rumored to be the main villain for Season 3.

Harrison Wells:

The man of many identities. In Season 1, he was introduced as a wheelchair bound scientist who was the head of STAR Labs. Then we not only find out he’s the Reverse Flash, but he’s also Eobard Thawne pretending to be Harrison Wells, for the original Wells had been killed by Thawne. After Thawne’s death at the end of Season 1, in Season 2, there is a new Harrison Wells from Earth Two who also caused a particle accelerator accident on his Earth. But the twist: he now has a daughter.

Iris West:

The love interest of Barry Allen. In the comics, the two get married. It’s also revealed in The Flash episode “The Trap”, there is a newspaper article from ten years into the future written by Iris West-Allen. Plus, in Earth Two, Iris and Barry are married.

Jitters:

The local coffee shop of Central City. They even have a drink named after their beloved superhero: The Flash.

Kara:

On May 12th, 2016, it was announced that Supergirl would be renewed for a second season, but the show would leave CBS and move to the CW. The CW is already home to Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. The question is: will Supergirl be joining the Arrowverse? After all, she already had a crossover episode with The Flash.

Lian Yu:

The Island Oliver was stranded on for five years. The majority of the flashbacks on Arrow have taken place on Lian Yu.

Malcom Merlyn:

The father of Oliver’s late friend Tommy Merlyn. He’s also the Dark Archer in the comics and is the main villain for Season 1.

Nanda Parbat:

Home to the League of Assassins, a group that Sara Lance was once a part of. It was also the home to the Lazarus Pit, which has been used to restore the lives of Thea and Sara.

Oculus:

Rip Hunter and his team in Legends of Tomorrow have been working toward one goal: to destroy Vandal Savage and prevent his rise to power. But everything they’ve done so far was controlled by the Time Masters by using a machine called the Oculus, which was destroyed in the episode “Destiny”.

Particle Accelerator:

The machine that started it all. It may have led to the creation of The Flash, but it also led to the creation of many more villains, also known as metahumans.

Quentin Lance:

Father of Sara and Laurel Lance. Throughout the series of Arrow, we’ve seen the a lot of down moments for this character, including him struggling with alcohol addiction, losing his job and mourning the death of both of his daughters.

Reverse Flash:

The primary villain for The Flash Season 1. During Season 1, he went to great lengths to create the accident that gave Barry his powers. He then manipulated him so that he could get home, for he’d been stuck in the past for 15 years.

Star City:

Home to the Green Arrow. Formerly known as Starling City. In the years since Oliver has been back in Star City, the city has faced devastation after devastation, causing many residents to flee.

Time Masters:

The group that Rip Hunter used to work for. This group’s primary focus is to preserve time as it is. When Hunter told them that Vandal Savage killed his wife and son, they were opposed to him going out to stop Savage and prevent the death of his wife and child.

Undead:

Many characters from the Arrowversehave been killed off or presumed dead, only to come back to life later in the series (especially in Arrow). A few examples: Sara Lance (Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow), Carter Hall (Legends of Tomorrow), Ronnie Raymond (The Flash), Ray Palmer (Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow), Thea Queen (Arrow) and even Oliver Queen (Arrow).

Vandal Savage:

His unrequited love for Kendra Saunders (Hawkgirl) fuels his rage and desire to kill her and Carter Hall (Hawkman) in each of their lives. Oh, and did I mention that he’s immortal? And that he uses time travel to take over the world in 2166? And that he’s the main villain for the first season of Legends of Tomorrow?

Wave rider:

The vehicle that has been used to travel throughout time by Rip Hunter and his team in their efforts to stop Vandal Savage's ascension to power.

Xavier, Mary:

The adoptive mother for Rip Hunter. This was revealed in Legends of Tomorrow episode “Last Refuge”. She takes in orphans and helps raise them to become time agents.

Year 2166:

The year that Vandal Savage completed his rise to power and took over the world. This was also the year that Rip Hunter’s wife and son were murdered by Savage.

Zoom:

The speedster who can’t get enough speed. He came from Earth Two to get The Flash’s speed and eventually succeeds. As the primary villain for the second season of The Flash, he has been nearly unstoppable and prides himself for being the fastest speedster alive.