7 Struggles Of Being The Tall Friend In The Friend Group

Heels, pictures, and pants are the three most annoying words you can hear.

343
Kelsie McKenna

Whether it is because you are tall or because your friends are a little below average height (or, in my case, a little more than just a little) or both, if you are considered to be "the tall friend," you will be able to relate to these seven struggles!

1. Going out with your friends and wanting to wear heels, but then re-thinking it because you don't want to look like an even bigger giant.

Heels are some of my favorite shoes, they can make almost any outfit look fabulous. However, if you are already taller than your friends, you may second guess wearing them in fear of towering over them and probably the majority of the people around you.

2. Having to physically look down when you're talking to them.

This one is the worst. It hurts your neck and makes you feel bad. We promise we are not trying to step in for your parents and give you "the look" right before you get yelled at.

3. Having to adjust the shower head every time you get in because it is at your neck.

This one may just be a roommate problem, but nevertheless it is a tall person struggle. (Although I would continue to move the shower head every day if it meant always getting to live with my best friends)

4. Taking pictures... We all know this struggle.

You are looking at everyone's pretty faces, and BAM, there is your belly button.

5. Borrowing clothes, especially pants, is pretty much always out of the question.

We have all been there, thinking maybe they will fit just this once, and time after time, they never do. But hey, maybe one day, high-waters will be in again, and we can borrow jeans from our short friends! Fingers crossed.

6. Walking with your friends and having to constantly slow down your pace.

We know it is not your fault, we apologize that our strides are half a mile long and it is hard to keep up. We are working on it.

And my personal favorite,

7. Hearing "Hey, can you come get this from the cabinet? I can't reach it."

It is the best, right? You finally lay in bed after a long day, and then you hear your name being called from the kitchen, and you want to cry. But, because you are the only one who can reach it, you, of course, get up.

Although you may run into these struggles, sometimes you just have to put on those heels, embrace the long legs God (and your mom) gave you, and work it!