7 Places To Go In New York City For Ultimate Relaxation

Take time for yourself.

243
FLICKR

With the school year kicking in at full speed, it's normal to get overwhelmed and to take a while to re-adjust to all your surroundings. The fast-paced lifestyle and daily obligations that you are bombarded with, tend to cause a constant overwhelming feeling which can often trigger panic attacks or anxiety. It’s important to take time to yourself and find places in which you can cool down and take it all in. If you’re anything like me and tend to overbook yourself and take on much more than you can handle from time to time, you should remember to reserve time for yourself to just breathe and relax.

Here are 7 places you can go in New York City to take a break and cool down:

1. Take a walk or bike ride by the river

This is an easy accessible activity to do with a small group of friends or just by yourself. Rent a city bike and peacefully bike by the East or Hudson river where everyone keeps to themselves and feels at ease.

2. Boat pond in Central Park

Just a short subway ride away is the central park boat pond where you can go to just grab some lunch or a book and sit on the lawn to relax or to rent a mini boat and stroll through the pond.

3. Find a stoop and bring a book or headphones to listen to music

Grab a book or plug in headphones and escape the hectic everyday lifestyle by effortlessly escaping to a random stoop in your area where you can sit and have time to yourself.

4. Take a Yoga Class

There are so many yoga studious all throughout the city and even yoga classes that are offered on the lawns of many parks. A popular yoga studio is Yoga to the people which offers free yoga classes that are all donation based.

5. Find an outdoor cafe or coffee shop

While the weathers still nice, go grab a coffee or just sit and relax in one of the many outdoor cafes or gardens throughout the city.

6. Go to a hotel with a peaceful terrace or work space

Many hotels throughout the city offer a space for people to come to work or grab a coffee. The Ludlow hotel and the Highline hotel both have a nice view and peaceful ambience with an outdoor sitting area / coffee shop.

7. Not ready to say bye to Summer? .... Go to the Rockaway beach and Boardwalk

A quick, peaceful day trip from NYC is to Rockaway Beach located on the Rockaway Peninsula in Queens, NY. With free beach access and several different kinds of food trucks you’ll have the ultimate day of relaxation and the chance to get your mind off the many tasks waiting for you back in the city.