7 Female Characters We All Love | The Odyssey Online

7 Female Characters We All Love

These ladies are inspiring and to be frank- perfect, fictional characters.

59
7 Female Characters We All Love
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiUo8jIze3OAhVM0h4KHfm9CdwQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.clichemag.com%2Ftv%2F3-things-every-girl-can-learn-jessica-day&bvm=bv.131286987,d.dmo&psig=AFQjCNEBdXSJozgYdtiRl7yDATwf1cLucg&ust=1472799842070749

In a society where women are perceived as objects before people, positive female role models are important. Television plays a big role today and to say most teenagers and young children watch is an understatement. With that being said, I can see how you understand that positive female characters are just as important as role models in life. As a young woman living in New York, I can honestly say I watch a lot of Netflix — which clearly gives me the title of Pro Positive Female Character Finder. Through my obvious jurisdiction, here are a few positive female characters in all your favorite TV shows.

1. Jessica Day — New Girl

Jessica Day. An obvious choice for being Positive Polly. She is educated, funny, unapologetic for being herself, and kind. Jess is relatable to the audience and has moments where she is confused and lost — just like all of us are at points in life.

2.Brooke Davis — One Tree Hill

Brooke Davis: queen of Tree Hill. Also queen of the world. Brooke starts off as your problematic fav but ultimately turns into the strongest character in the entire show. Through her mother's constant demands and her many unforgiving boyfriends, Brooke shows what it's truly like to "have it all".

3. Samantha Jones — Sex and The City

Samantha Jones. Where do you even begin with Samantha Jones? She's a free spirit who embraces her sexuality and never apologizes for it. She gets what she wants and what she wants is freedom and sex. Mostly sex. She walks the streets of Manhattan with her head held high and lets no man ever think they're above her — because they are certainly not.

4. Christina Yang — Grey's Anatomy

Christina may just be the most annoying character on the show due to how brutally honest she can be at times when a little sugar coating might be needed. But, she is the best character. She is strong. She is independent and incredibly smart. She runs the show and she ceases every possible opportunity. She doesn't let a man or anyone for that matter, get the way of her achieving something. She is unstoppable.

5. Leslie Knope — Parks and Recreation

Leslie Knope may just be the most optimistic character ever created. She is never ever pessimistic and that's not a bad thing. Through her love for government and people, Leslie is truly a gift. Through every obstacle she faces, and trust me — there are many, she powers through. We could all learn a thing or two from Ms. Leslie Knope.

6. Lorelai Gilmore — Gilmore Girls

Lorelai has been independent most of her life. After getting pregnant at 16 and moving out, she built a life for her and her daughter from nothing. She found a job and went to college. Through everyone's doubts and her parent's constant disappointment, she found success and didn't ask for anyone's help. Lorelai Gilmore is a fox and she knows it.

7. Liz Lemon — 30 Rock

Liz is honestly the most relatable character there is. She is pessimistic and witty. But she's smart and determined. On the outside, Liz seems like the type to just give up when things go bad, but she is, in fact, quite the opposite. Liz is my PF(k)F: Postive Female (kinda) Friend.