7 Cartoon Shows That Never Go Out Of Style | The Odyssey Online

7 Cartoon Shows That Never Go Out Of Style

You get old, but they don't

105

Like everyone, my childhood was filled with a lot of Cartoon Network. As the years progressed and I became aware that cartoons are for kids, I started watching "old kid" shows so that I could prove to myself and my family that I was mature. As I entered into the last years of high school and started college, I realized cartoons are still as awesome as they were when I was younger. I also realized that while cartoons are usually watched by kids; cartoons are definitely not made just for kids.

1. "Chowder"

"Chowder" is about a young boy that wants to be a cooking master. He is being taught by his mentor, Mung Daal who owns a catering company. Chowder works with Mung and tries to become a master chef even though Mung's catering business is close to a complete failure during the entire show.

2. "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack"

This show follows a boy named Flapjack who was raised by a whale named Bubbie. Flapjack was then rescued by a pirate named Captain K'nuckles and lives on Candied Island. Most of the show takes place on Candied Island's Stormalong Harbor. Flapjack has to deal with what it means to be a human and how his past has influenced how oddly he is perceived to other citizens.

3. "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"

"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" follows Bloo and Mac through Mac's journey to try and keep his imaginary friend. The house that they all live in is run by Madam Foster, a nice but oblivious old lady. All of the creatures that live there are old imaginary friends that are given up by their kids who were forced to grow up. This show is a hilarious premise; relatable to every person who has been forced to grow up and stop talking to their imaginary friends.

4. "Rugrats"

"Rugrats" follows a group of toddlers going through everyday life. Their every day activities turn into adventures as they are experiencing the world for the first time. It's hip with the kids.

5. "Rick and Morty"

Rick and Morty is a science fiction adult cartoon. It's about a kid named Morty and his relationship with his grandpa, Rick. It follows the daily shenanigans of his family and Rick's travels through the universe's dimensions. These dimensions eventually give way to all of the problems that the main characters face.

6. "Adventure Time"

"Adventure Time" follows Jake the dog and Finn the human on their daily adventures in the Land of Ooo, a post apocalyptic earth. Finn was raised by Jake's family and the two are raised as brothers throughout the show. Many other characters make a feature in "Adventure Time." From the Ice King who tries to hit on all the princesses in the land to Lumpy Space Princess (LSP) who tries to get all the men off of her lumps, the show is filled with characters meant to keep your interest.

7. "Bob's Burgers"

"Bob's Burgers" examines the family life of Bob. He works at a burger shop with the rest of his weird little family. Tina, who is the oldest is obsessed with butts and fan-fiction. Gene, her brother, is young and dumb while Louise, the younger sister is an intelligent instigator for most of the families troubles. The family is constantly having to get themselves out of some odd scenario as they try and work the burger shop that they own.