6 Reasons Why New Orleans In The Spring Is The Best

Because it's just one big party.

21

New Orleans, many times, really feels like it is it's own country smacked down in Louisiana. With the cities culture screaming from the roof tops, New Orleans is one of the most unique and wonderful cities in the United States. Yet, in the Spring time the city turns into being a fun time to being a REALLY fun time with more to do and see that boredom is never an option. Here are just 6 out of many reasons why going to school in New Orleans all the time, but especially in the Spring, is the absolute best.

1. Weekends at the Fly with your friends. When the weather is perfect and the humidity hasn't begun a day at the Fly with a picnic blanket, some frisbees, music, and food in the Spring time is as fun as it is beautiful.

2. Festivals on Festivals. Whether it be the delicious King Cake Festival or French Quarter Fest there is basically a new and exciting festival every weekend throughout the Spring time for everyone to enjoy in categories that vary from music, food, to Tulane's very own Craw Fest.

3. Run a race. In the Spring you can find a variety of walks and races like the Rock N Roll Marathon and Half Marathon or the Cajun Fest 5k just to name a couple!

4. Concerts. While there are concerts year round in New Orleans the Spring time is usually the peak time for musicians to come into the city and perform shows all over. A list of just a few can be found here.

5. Jazz Fest. Though Jazz Fest does go under the categories of festivals, it really is its own entity. With food, music, and even a little market Jazz Fest if a must see festival with deep roots and history for New Orleans.

6. Mardi Gras. Obviously couldn't forget about Mardi Gras which is for most people the most fun and exciting event that occurs in the Spring in New Orleans. With floats, parades, drinks, beads, music, and food all day for over a week Mardi Gras is an absolute must and huge high light of NOLA in the Spring.