5 Reasons Why You Are Missing Out

5 Reasons Why You Are Missing Out

"Sorry, no work for me today. Instead, I am going fishing."

27
5 Reasons Why You Are Missing Out
Wide Open Spaces

Have you ever heard of rooster tails, spoons, spinner baits, crank baits and so on? Well these are all different types of fishing lures, and trust me, there are plenty more than that. If you aren't someone who goes fishing, then you are without a doubt missing out on one of the best experiences that you could ever have. A national survey in 2011 reported 33.1 million people signed up for active fishing licenses. That isn't even including the people who fish without licenses (which I would never encourage). Anyway, I have learned so much from fishing, and despite whether you are really good at it or not so much, it is still extremely fun, and a real fun time. Not big on going swimming? Great -- why not pick up a rod and reel, and cast out?

Social bonds with others in your community

When going fishing, chances are if you are in a popular fishing spot there will be other people there. A lot of the time the other people in your surroundings will talk to you, and can be extremely friendly and helpful. You'll learn lots of new tips, and maybe make a new friend or two.

You'll start to find your own spots

First starting out, you may not know the best spots but as you continue and venture out, chances are you will find some spots that you will not want to be telling anyone else about. These are the spots where you constantly can cast out and catch fish.

Catching your first fish

When you catch your first fish, you will never be able to compare that feeling again. You'll find yourself wanting to be jumping all around, or wanting to jump right out of the boat once you set the hook and have that fish on your hook.

Recreational reasons

More often than not, you're going to find that a lot of the people who fish do it for fun. Even on the days that you go and only catch a fish or two, it still is an amazing day.

"Sorry, can't come into work today, I'm going fishing. I mean, I am sick."

You'll find yourself wanting to call out of work, or not go to your classes just so you can go take some time off and go fishing. Another hard day at work.