5 Reasons Why It's OK To Dream About John McCain | The Odyssey Online

5 Reasons Why It's OK To Dream About John McCain

You're not alone.

59
The Telegraph

We all know that John McCain is a very involved and prestigious politician. Aside from his charitable and diplomatic side, he is also a respected father of seven kids and a bearded dragon. Not only does this brief list paint a picture of a brave and humble man, but it also provokes a question that rattles the minds of millennials nation-wide: “Why do we dream about John McCain?”

1. He fought in the Vietnam War.

McCain’s life of servitude to our country has proven time and time again his qualifications of making cameos in our dreams. It’s nice to know that our nightmares of dodging bullets in our underwear in front of the whole school with our teeth falling out was actually lived by Senator McCain.

2. He lost the presidential nomination in 2000 but didn’t let that defeat him. He came back even stronger to lose the presidential race in 2008.

McCain’s down-to-Earth lessons make the average person realize that failure is just a part of life but that doesn’t mean you can’t grow from it. This one most likely explains the common reoccurring dream where you’re walking up a steep hill for hours and eventually reach the very top of the hill to find John McCain being fed berries by garden nymphs.

3. His nickname is "Jiggly John."

Given to him by Russian leader Vladimir Putin, McCain was nicknamed “Jiggly John” as a reflection of his jiggly qualities when he whips up a mean crème brûlée for his wholesome family of twelve.

4. He has his own Wikipedia page.

McCain's Wikipedia page is not only informative, but also extremely extensive. It projects him in a light that highlights his long-lasting enduring qualities that have helped him through hardship, and that is something I think anyone can respect.

5. He knows how to fly a plane.

Definitely the most dynamic of transportation methods, McCain dominates the air. McCain survived two plane crashes, once into power lines and secondly into a building in 2001. Nightmares about crashing planes are very common, and may reflect deep rooted feelings of inadequacy and not being John McCain.