5 Binge-Worthy TV-Shows on Netflix | The Odyssey Online

5 Binge-Worthy TV-Shows on Netflix

Say goodbye to all your extra time.

24
5 Binge-Worthy TV-Shows on Netflix
Prairie Point Living

Let’s face it, we all LOVE Netflix. Netflix is there for us when we need someone to lean on or someone to comfort us. Netflix doesn’t judge us, like when we have 5 hours of studying to do, but we watch 5 episodes of our favorite show instead. Netflix definitely doesn’t have a shortage of shows to watch, but sometimes it’s hard to choose which one to start. Hope this helps you choose the best show to binge watch this weekend.

1. Lost

This show is insane. As the show begins there is a plane crash, and the plane crashes onto a remote island in the middle of the ocean. As the show progresses the survivors become closer and discover that the island has a lot of supernatural activity happening. Aside from the just plain weirdness of the show (that I absolutely love), my favorite aspect is how everyone ends up being connected. The show takes place in present day but there are flashbacks to the characters’ lives before the crash in every episode. These flashbacks show how everyone, whether they knew it or not, had come into contact at some point in their lives. This show is somewhat confusing and it takes some thinking to keep up; however, the creators somehow, through all 6 (very long) seasons, manage to keep you wanting more and more after every episode.

2. Pretty Little Liars

This is my favorite TV show ever. I don’t even know how to begin explaining the greatness of this show, but I’ll try. The show follows a group of girls through high school to college graduation (after a time jump), so if you were like me and watched this show when it first came out then you pretty much grew up with these girls. The only difference is while we were getting in trouble for being late for curfew, they were getting in trouble for murder. These girls start out simply (I say simply because it gets MUCH worse) getting blackmailed by “A.” They eventually (like 4 seasons later) they get sick of this and decide to try and stop “A,” but they are always one step behind him/her/them. The girls have had several times when they thought they had caught “A,” and in some cases they sort of did. Personally, I think everyone should give this show a chance, but it's definitely not for everyone. There is not much I can say about it without giving major spoilers, but just trust me, it's good.

3. Orange is the New Black

This show is like really inappropriate so if that’s against your morals or whatever then no worries just skip this one. Anyway, this show is crazy good. What I love most is how it gives us an insight into something we would otherwise never know about. This show is about a women’s prison. The primary focus is on the women and how they interact with each other. Of course, there are relationships, fights, and the likewise, but they also try to run businesses from within the prison, which I find pretty cool. We know this is something that really happen and I love getting to see it (probably not very realistic at all but oh well) and I think it’s very interesting. Honestly, this show has so many aspects and it’s truly very interesting. I love learning about new things, even though this might not be very accurate, and seeing how these people in prison live their lives.

4.Scandal

This show is my newest obsession, so I haven’t finished it yet. It’s not a show that I can watch like all day long like the others, but it’s still good! It is a very heavy show. It takes place in Washington D.C. and includes the President, his wife, and his mistress. Enough said about that, but there are several other people. The main idea is similar to a show like Criminal Minds or Law And Order, but with lots more drama and the entire series has a story line with underlying relationships. I simply love the drama in this show. I’m pretty confident that this show doesn’t depict life in The White House accurately, but we can pretend it does. Again, I love seeing how other people live their lives, I guess that’s just my thing. So I love seeing how all the drama and scandals unfold in this show.

5. Grace & Frankie

I love how cute this show is. There are two ladies who are in their 70’s, and their husbands have left them for each other. The ladies didn’t like each other prior to this, but they end up becoming friends because of this. They move into the same house and become roommates. It’s such a terrible situation but the ladies try to make the best of it.

Bonus!

Fuller House- Please watch this if you ever watched Full House as a kid!!! It's perfect!