35 Reasons Why Your Roommate Is Better Than A Boyfriend | The Odyssey Online

35 Reasons Why Your Roommate Is Better Than A Boyfriend

Sisters before misters, hoes before bros, fries before guys

23

“You know, I was almost too scared to talk to you at first because I thought you were dating the girl you came with” a guy told my roommate at a party a few weeks ago, referring to me. My roommate and I laughed it off but we always joke that we're so close we're practically dating. Her and I both know that no guy can even come close to having our relationship. There are a million reasons why my roommate will always be better than any guy but here's just a few:

1. She sees you at your worst and your best,

2. But she'll never judge you

3. She'll have lunch with you when no one else will

4. She will watch infinite chick flicks with you,

5. And cuddle with you while yelling at/reminiscing with/crying about the movie

6. You can talk about literally anything and everything

7. She knows when to be a mom...

8. Or when to be a bad influence

9. She knows your coffee order

10. And all you favorite foods for that matter

11. And she'll surprise you with your favorite snacks

12. She tells you you're too good for a guy

13. And tucks you in at night

14. She'll go out you with you when you need a night off, even if she has an exam the next morning,

15. And knows how to take care of you when you're "sick" the next morning

16. She buys you random little gifts

17. Or leaves you little love notes

18. There are literally no boundaries between you two

19. You guys always plan roomie dates

20. And actually follow through on plans

21. She tells you how beautiful you look every morning before class, whether you're in a dress or sweatpants

22. You can finish an entire pint of ice cream and she won't judge you

23. In fact, she'll eat one with you

24. You always have someone to come home to

25. You guys share everything...

26. Including a calendar

27. You know what the other needs with just one look

28. She'll stay up until 4am with you,

29. Cause she knows you'd do the same for her

30. You never get sick of each other

31. She's your #1 fan

32. You'll call each other before bed when you're on break so you can still say goodnight

33. She tells you she loves you every night,

34. And you know she means it 100%

35. Because no matter how many guys come and go, you'll always be there for each other