20 Romantic Things To Do for Your Girlfriend!

Romantic Things To Do for Your Girlfriend!

50

How to be romantic to your girlfriend? These first few things to do for her are physical, so most of them just involve a small action, and no money… which means almost any of these things to do for your girlfriend are incredibly easy!

Here are 20 romantic things to do for your girlfriend (physically):

Drive Her to Work/Class

If you live close to your girlfriend's house, an amazingly helpful thing to do is to pick her up in the morning, and drive her to work/class (or drive her home).

Seeing you for just that little while is a huge bright spot in her day, and there's a good chance that she (like most girls) likes to be driven around like a queen sometimes.

Give Her a Massage (Feet, Arms, Back, Or Whatever Hurts)

I get it: you may not think you're great at massages, or it may not be exactly what you want to do.

But think about this… every girl wants to be touched, and every girl carries stress somewhere in her body (from work, working out, or school). And you can be the man that solves her physical problems (and it doesn't hurt that to her, a massage can feel just as good as sex).

Put Her Music On Her iPod/Build Her a Spotify Playlist

If you don't remember the days that guys made girls mixed tapes (and don't feel bad if that's the case), it was one of the most thoughtful and romantic things to do for a girl.

…And the current version of that gesture is to make her a playlist on iTunes or Spotify… except that nowadays it's dramatically easier and faster (yet doesn't lose any of its romantic appeal). To her, choosing songs about her or your relationship is almost as romantic as if you wrote a song for her. But it's way easier… so why wouldn't you do it?

Do A Home Repair Project for Her

A lot of women have had to complete home repair projects themselves, and are more than capable of doing it… but that doesn't mean we don't like to see you do it for us(it's incredibly sexy).

So fix her broken faucet, change the battery in her smoke detector, unclog her drain, or fix her squeaky hinges (whatever she needs), and make sure she catches you doing it.

Carry Her Upstairs After a Night in Heels… Or Give Her a Piggyback Ride

My boyfriend did this for me on our third date, and I still remember how hard I fell for him when he did. My feet were incredibly sore from dancing all night, and the walk back to the car seemed unbearable.

…So when he offered a piggyback ride, it was just what I needed to fall in love.

…And your girl will love it too: not only does it make her 1000x more comfortable, but it also shows her that you're the type of guy who can help her out when she needs it most (plus, it's just fun for her to be carried).

Buy Her a Gift from Our List of Female Approved Gift Ideas

A thoughtful gift (especially for no particular reason) is one of the best romantic things to do for your girlfriend. Girls love mementos of you around, and a gift tells her that she's special enough to be remembered all the time.

Find Out Her Love Language

The ways you show each other that you love each other might be vastly different. You might like to buy her gifts, but she might really want you to help her with chores/work/homework… because that's what will make her feel loved.

And while she appreciates your gifts, it's just not what she really wants from you. Glance at the 5 love languages and ask your girlfriend which one is hers. Then you can automatically give her what she really wants (and don't ever have to worry that she won't feel loved enough).

Make Her Dinner

This is a classic thing to do for your girlfriend (or wife), but it's still incredibly romantic. Even if your dinner is simple, the act of being served is one of the most romantic things for a girl.

…And bonus for you: being served like that makes her want to do something great for you in return.

…Or Lunch

Your girlfriend probably hasn't had anyone pack her lunch since kindergarten, so this is a thoughtful, incredibly sweet surprise you can give her.

Pack something she likes (and guys, it can be really simple… like a sandwich, fruit and dessert) in a bag and leave it in her fridge, or give it to her on her way to work. If you include a note inside for her, this tip becomes 1000x more powerful (because girls love love notes!).

…Or Build Her Something

You can take the appeal of making her food one step further… and actually build her something that will last dramatically longer.

So if you're good at carpentry, build her something to keep: a night table, bookshelf, or even picture frame will be useful and incredibly cool to receive.

Watch A Show Only Together, Even If You Really Want to Watch An Episode

No matter how badly Will and I want to watch the newest episode of our show, we don't unless we're together.

…And though that seems small, the fact that he'll wait for me is actually sweet. So show the same patience with your girl… choose a show you can both get into, and loyally wait to watch it until you're together.

Do Something Big

Every once in a while, it's nice to give your girl a big surprise… so do something overly romanticthis once.

Take her on a carriage ride downtown, take her to a ballroom class, plan a candlelit dinner on the rooftop of her building. Do anything that's overly romantic, and give her a powerful reason to know you're the best boyfriend ever.

Buy Her Underwear/Pajamas

There's almost nothing more romantic for girls than wearing underwear that a man thoughtfully picked out. It's sexy and sweet at the same time, and she'll think about you every time she wears them (and isn't that what you want?).

Now:

If you don't feel comfortable buying your girlfriend underwear yet, you can absolutely buy her some comfortable, cute pajamas instead (girls all love comfy pj's, but rarely buy them for themselves… plus, sleepwear is almost as intimate as underwear).

Write Her a Letter

With all the digital media available, it's incredibly rare to get a handwritten letter (or even a note) from a guy, but I can promise you, handwriting something is an incredibly romantic thing to do.

…And since it is so rare, she probably hasn't gotten a note in a long time, so being able to physically hold your words in her hands is really special. Plus, writing a note can take as little as 30 seconds, yet it brings her joy for days… so guys, why wouldn't you do this?

Make a Travel Bucket List

There's something romantic about planning the future with someone… and it's comforting knowing that when they picture the future, you're there with them.

So plan a travel bucket list with your girlfriend, and let her know that when you picture traveling the world, it's with her.

Let Her Fix/Cut Your Hair/Beard

Almost every girl has an opinion on your style (whether she likes it or not), so give in on a date night and let her fix you up the way she likes.

…And even if the way she styles your hair and beard isn't exactly your favorite, isn't it worth it for one night to know that she's insanely attracted to the way you look?

Look Up Job Opportunities for Her/Tell People She’d Be Perfect for A Job

Look, guys:

Letting your girl know that you care about her future is an insanely romantic/thoughtful/protective thing to do for her. Help her reach the success you know she deserves by looking for some good job opportunities to help her succeed (especially if you know she wants more from her career).

Spend A Long Time On the Phone

I know not all guys love talking on the phone… but you do enjoying conversations with your girlfriend, right? That's probably a big reason you started dating her.

So just once, have a long conversation (30 mins – an hour) on the phone with her after work. Tell her all about your day, and listen to her too. The conversation really can be that simple… she just likes your voice and attention.

Write Her a Song

If making a playlist seemed too simple for you… write her a song instead.

Even if it's a short, silly one, she'll love that you took the time to think about her (and she loves seeing you perform).

Surprise Her at Work (With a Gift or Visit)

All girls (myself included) love to get surprised at work. Will once had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my busy store, and I loved how much the other girls praised him.

And your girlfriend will be the exact same way(beaming with pride) when you deliver flowers, lunch, or make a surprise visit in the middle of the day (just make sure that no one will mind a disturbance!).