20 Girl Power Songs You Need To Add To Your Playlist

From post-breakup to just needing to feel a little empowered, this is the playlist for you.

57
Bruce Mars @ Pexels

1. "I Look So Good (Without You)" by Jessie James

Because darling let’s be honest, you don’t need a man to make you look good and this song tells it how it is. Shout out to Jessie James for this certified post-breakup banger.

2. "Sorry Not Sorry" by Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato has a lot of hits, but this one in particular gives you the ultimate hype for that post-breakup. Blast this and I promise you, you will feel sassier, bolder and empowered.

3. "Shout Out to My Ex" by Little Mix

The BEST post-breakup anthem. It’s sassy and bold, the perfect mix to tell that ex-boyfriend that you’re over it. Plus, you need to give them a shout-out every once in a while right, even if it is a little bitter?

4. "Me Too" by Meghan Trainor

The perfect "for you" anthem because there is nothing wrong with being a little into yourself. Basically to summarize the song in three words, "you do you."

5. "Girl on Fire (Inferno Version)" by Alicia Keys featuring Nicki Minaj

After a huge accomplishment, play this song; you’ll thank me later.

6. "Who You Are" by Jessie J

Screw the beauty ideals in society. Be confident with who you are. You are here for a reason and everything about you is beautiful. Don’t strive to be perfect; be different.

7. "Who Says" by Selena Gomez & The Scene

Let go of those who don’t believe in you and prove them wrong. You can do everything and anything you set your mind to.

8. "Feeling Myself" by Nicki Minaj featuring Beyoncé

For those nights when you're slaying and you need a song to describe how you feel.

9. "Love Yourself" by Hailee Steinfeld

Self-love is SO important and it is one of the biggest powers you can have. Listen to this song on full blast and you will feel just that.

10. "Confident" by Demi Lovato

Confidence is hard to find sometimes. Especially with how society idealizes beauty and body shape. This sassy, upbeat song will have you feeling confident from the first beat.

11. "Most Girls" by Hailee Steinfeld

This song is a female empowerment anthem that celebrates every type of girl. It shows that no two girls are the same and that it is okay to change something about yourself if you want.

12. "BO$$" by Fifth Harmony

This song is all about you strong independent women out there. Be your own boss.

13. "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten

When you feel like giving up, listen to this song and you will rise up and fight through anything. The power is within you, so get up and fight it!

14. "Try" by Colbie Caillet

Growing up, trying too hard is one of the biggest problems girls face because they want to fit in with the “popular” crew. But in the end, trying doesn’t matter. Don’t try too hard and you will fit in just fine. Be extraordinary.

15. "Scars to Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara

“You should know you’re beautiful just the way you are” is definitely the best lyric in this entire song and speaks loudly. Accept it and own it.

16. "F**kin' Perfect" by P!nk

The title speaks for itself. If you need a pick-me-up this song is for you.

17. "Me & My Girls" by Fifth Harmony

The perfect jam to celebrate you and your girlfriends. Basically describes any friendship you might have with your girlfriends. Blast this song in the car or on a night out and you will instantly feel empowered with your girlfriends.

18. "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

If you need a song to make you feel empowered, you’re in luck. Aguilera wrote this song for just that reason: to feel empowered, strong, and be able to speak for yourself.

19. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" by Kelly Clarkson

This is that song you can dance to, sing to, cry to and scream to at the top of your lungs and ultimately feel empowered. It definitely is a therapeutic song for those who need a little boost of motivation.

20. "Roar" by Katy Perry

Another song of empowerment which is illustrated through the repetition of the lyrics. “Roar” is definitely the lyric you can sing, shout and/or scream to the top of your lungs and feel totally amazing afterwards.