17 Things You Learn In Singleness

17 Things You Learn In Singleness

One day you'll wake up and be so glad you didn't settle and chose to wait on the Lord instead.

11
17 Things You Learn In Singleness
Desiring God

Being single is often something people are ashamed of. If you ask me, being single is some of the best times for growth, reflection and self-exploration. If you use your time in singleness wisely, you can be proud of it.

1. Not everyone you come in contact with is going to have the same heart as you.

2. Not every guy is going to understand the chapter of your life that you don't read out loud.

We all have chapters of our lives we don't read out loud. I know for sure I do. When the right one comes along, those chapters won't be as scary. But, not every guy you meet deserves to know the ugly parts of your life. Not every guy is capable of handling those ugly parts. So don't spill your whole life story to a guy who has an agenda of his own.

3. You are capable of overcoming the things that were meant to destroy you.

You will overcome the devastation you felt when your boyfriend freshman year cheated on you. You will overcome the deaths of family members. You will overcome the times you felt like you couldn't meet someone else's standards. I know for a fact all those things hurt more than you could ever put in words, however, I'm here to tell you, they will not destroy you.

4. Being kinder to yourself is a must.

Look at yourself in the mirror at least once a day and remind yourself how worthy you are. Somedays will be harder than others -- but do it anyway. You'll thank me later.

5. It is possible to be too full of life for someone.

You don't deserve to be half loved. You are too full of amazing things in life, worth, friendships, loyalty, joy and forgiveness to settle for someone who doesn't see those things.

6. The love you give everyone else is the love you need to give yourself.

You can pour out love to every single person you come in contact with, but there will be some that do not appreciate it. Return that love to yourself, especially on the hard days.

7. You don't have to share your food.

Let's be honest, this is the best thing.

8. God will never leave you empty.

He will replace everything you have lost. If He asked you to put something down, it's because He wants you to pick up something greater.

9. You realize your self-worth

and can remind yourself you're a 12/10, even on the bad days.

10. You're going to date a few cowards before you meet someone brave enough to love you.

You will be too good for someone. You'll be too loyal for someone. You'll be too joyful for someone. But take that as a win. You don't want to be with someone who can't appreciate you.

11. Chicken nuggets cure everything.

I promise that when it is 2 a.m. and you're in your room crying over a boy who broke your heart, chicken nugs will mend you immediately.

12. We can run straight into His arms unafraid because every time we meet Him, we're met by love.

Instead of running to social media or our friends, run right into the arms of the Father. His love is unconditional and it doesn't falter. So don't be afraid to run back to where you belong.

13. You are enough. A thousand times enough.

Believe this. Cling to this. It does not matter how many people have made you feel like the lowest scum of the Earth, I'm here to remind you how precious you are and how worthy you are.

14. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.

If anyone can tell you this is true, it's me. I am a walking disaster. I lose everything all the time, I cry when I can't find my friends at Tucks and I never make good decisions. But even through my mess, God is making something good out of me. Y'all, He promised us unfailing love as long as we trust in Him!

15. "The Notebook" and good wine are good for the soul.

This is pretty self-explanatory.

16. You have more time for naps.

17. Waiting isn't punishment... it's preparation.

If you're still waiting for it, it means you're not ready for it. It isn't punishment, it's preparation.

"One day you'll wake up and be so glad you didn't settle and chose to wait on the Lord instead."