15 Things I Wish I Knew Before High School

You don't want to miss a second

16

Everyone gets excited about high school. I did, my sister is currently, and almost every freshman that walked through the front doors on the first day were. What they didn't have, though, was advice. Advice on schoolwork, tests, grading, teachers, and friends. These are things that I wish an older sibling would have told me about. ENJOY!

1. Remember your locker combination beforehand.

Most people don't think about this, but do you really want to look lost on your first day? NO! So remember you locker combination beforehand so when you walk up to your locker you don't have to dig for a piece of paper with it on it. Plus, if you want to look extra smart compared to all the other freshmen, look at a map and plan out a route to take from each class. Then you know where everything is!

2. Join extracurricular activities, and clubs

Not only does it help you experience a great high school experience, it gets you involved with everything; other grades, the community, sports, or hobbies. Be in the yearbook more than just your average school photo. Make a change, play on a team, or even build something cool in

lego club. 3. Don't wait till the night before to study

I have done this plenty of nights, and trust me it doesn't really work out for the best. I truly wish that on multiple tests I studied at least a week in advance because I had most of the stuff, so... WHY NOT?

4. Always bring a snack.

No matter what you think, you more than likely will get hungry throughout the day because of boredom. I mean, like you mostly just sit there in a desk taking notes. What's fun about note taking?

5. Make new friends

Friends are basically what will get you through high school. They are the people that yo experience almost everything with. So why not experiment with new friends, in new friend groups.

6. GO TO THE FOOTBALL GAMES

Football games are one of my favorite things to go to of all times. Even though I'm out there on the field during half time, with the rest of the band, cheering on your high school and beating your competitors never gets old. Plus, the half time shows are usually good. I mean I love a free show like the next person.

7. Grades are important

Colleges look at them, and you want to get into a good college. Other than that... I'll let you figure that one on your own.

8. Group projects can be fun if you make them fun

Most people dread group projects, but if you make them fun they should be fun! Try suggesting new things, and putting your voice in because more than likely not all of the people in the group have the same voice.

9. Gossip has its way of coming back to you.

Just because everyone is gossiping doesn't mean you should do it. It more than likely will come back to bite you in the butt.

10. Never judge a person by their looks.

NEVER EVER EVER judge a person by what they look like. Enough said.

11. Your "friends" will leave you.

I have lost so many "friends" over my high school years, They leave for weird reasons or they don't have a reason at all. High School can be a place where people discover themselves, and they find another group of friends that works well with the "new" them.

12. Teachers actually care about your grades.

Your grades could be a reflection on you. They might look at everyone's grades and wonder what they are doing wrong or right, and what they need to change.

13. Work hard on everything, even if its classwork.

I'm sure your wondering why work hard on classwork. Classwork is given to help you, and a grade pump (which is alright with me). Why not work on something that is helping you with the stuff you have recently learned, and took notes on.

14. Always take good and careful notes!

Most teachers in high school won't give study guides to tests, so take good notes, that cover a lot, and study them. I would say at least read over your notes once a night after the first day you start taking them so before the test you already know half of it, and you don't need to study too much.

15. HAVE FUN!

Most importantly, you should always have fun during high school. I mean most people only get to experience high school only once, so mine as well make it something great to remember. Enjoy the late night study sessions, the dances, the sports games, and the class projects because before you know it. You'll be a senior graduating and you'll be by yourself in the real world.