15 Signs You Have Really Long Hair

15 Signs You Have Really Long Hair

5300
15 Signs You Have Really Long Hair

After a horrific experience in middle school when I decided I would look cute with short hair, I became scarred and have been growing it out ever since. As my mom nicely puts it, at least it was a good point to try something different. Since then, I have struggled to maintain it through swim season when the ends became so scraggly I was forced to the hair salon, endless 100 degree softball tournaments where I did not need the extra heat, and worst of it yet, college, where maybe one day a week (if I'm lucky) I have the motivation to brush it. This attachment to hair is not uncommon, and after discussing with others in the Rapunzel club. Here are some signs your hair has gotten very, very long.

1. You've asked yourself the important question of how long is too long? You've looked in the mirror and wondered if after years of just wanting it, "a little longer," if you've finally reached the long enough point. You question if you have an unhealthy attachment to your hair.

2. People don't even consider your messy bun a bun. I once commented on how I always put my hair up in a bun because it was overwhelming to deal with in the morning and a girl with shoulder length hair scoffed, "if that can even be called a bun." Haters.

3. It takes you a solid 20 mins 2-3 times a week to brush through your hair.

4. You've woken up in the middle of the night in an entanglement of your hair.

5. Winter sucks because your hair isn't even close to dry in the morning if you take a shower at night.

6. You don't even bother to buy expensive shampoo or conditioner anymore. One use and half the bottle of conditioner is gone.

7. Normal things like doors, seat belts, and chairs are now seen as death traps ... for your hair.

8. You get mildly offended when people "think" they have long hair. Their hair almost touches their boobs, and they think it's long? That's cute. Your luxurious locks are just a couple inches if not closer to your butt.

9. You get anxious whenever you go to the hair salon to get a trim. Yes my ends are dead shhh it's fine, just don't cut off any more than 2 inches.

10. You may lean to one side if your bun is off center because it is so heavy it throws off your balance (okay, maybe that's just me.)

11. You've learned to appreciate that "half up" bun style because you know if anyone wants you to go anywhere it's a 3 hour process to shower and tame the mane.

12. Your hair eats bobby pins. Many hair clips have been lost in my mane, let's not even mention the amount of hair ties that have been broken.

13. Even If you rarely wear it down you get incredibly insulted if anyone asks why you don't "just cut it."

14. You've freaked out because you thought there was a bug touching you only to find out it was just a hair gone astray.

15. More than once, actually about 9/10 times, you'll put some effort into your hair and end up putting it up halfway through the day because it just gets in the way of everything.

At the end of the day, no matter what everyone else thinks you, wouldn't trade your long hair for the cutest short hair cut in the world. Because after spending years growing it and painstakingly taking care of it, it is now a fundamental part of who you are.