13 Benefits of Having a Work Family

13 Benefits of Having a Work Family

Thank you for making work fun.

161
13 Benefits of Having a Work Family
Cape Cod Times

Not everyone is able to have a job where they have a group of people that they can count on, joke around with, embarrass themselves in front off and consider them apart of a family. The workplace can be a pretty boring place when your co-workers aren't necessarily the people you want to see on a daily basis. And for those us who have this, we couldn't be more grateful to have a work family. So here's to them!

1. More friends!

The fact that you have a whole new group of people that you can hang out with on your days off is so relieving. No more time wasted sitting at home bored out of your mind when you have theses peeps to hang out with.

2. They understand the struggle of dealing with bad customers.

Let's be real, none of us like when someone gives us a hard time about the cost of their ice cream or how long it took for their food to be made but there's something about the look you get from a co-worker that screams " just smile" that's comforting.

3. You have plenty of people to tell all your secrets and gossip to.

What else makes those long shifts more interesting than spilling all your juicy stories. You've gotten close enough to tell them anything and everything about what's going on in your life.

4. Every shift is enjoyable.

There's never a dull moment, crazy things are bound to happen and someone is always laughing.

5. They don't judge you for the weird things you do around them.

Chances are you're just as weird as them. But what's better, is that you can act like yourself and do silly, stupid things and no one cares...just watch out because somehow you'll end up on Snapchat.

6. Work goes by so much faster.

There's nothing better than working with people that make time flyyyy by and then looking at the clock and realizing your shift is done in 10 minutes.

7. Whose turn it is to drive?

Perks of working the same shift with your best buds makes for a great carpool system. You better believe there will be a debate over whose driving this time because were all broke and trying to save those paychecks, right?

8. If your real family can't bring you food, don't worry one of your co-workers can.

There is nothing worse than being at work and not having a meal, or multiple meals because your family is too busy to bring you some food. It's nice to know that you have another fam where there's bound to be someone out and about to make sure you don't starve to death..what would we do without you.

9. Can you say dance party!?

Putting on a great song and breaking out all your dance moves on a slow day or at the end of the shift is what a work family does, even the worst of the worst dance moves are welcome.

10. Back massages when it's been a long shift.

This is hands down one of my favorite things. Just say the word and there's a line of people ready for the 5 minutes of relaxation before they get back to the daily grind.

11. Coming into work on your days off because you miss your co-workers so much.

Even though I just saw some of them yesterday, there's a piece of you missing when you aren't with them. The separation is too much to handle so you crack and end up at the last place (work) you want to be at on your day off.

12. Some of your best memories will be of your co-workers.

One day you'll be at a new job and think about the co-workers you have and you'll think back to this time, when you had so much fun working that minimum wage job because of the great co-workers that were with you

13. At the end of the day, you couldn't imagine working alongside anyone but these people.

They've become more than just some of your best friends, they are family and you wouldn't have it any other way.