12 Signs You Went To GNBVT | The Odyssey Online

12 Signs You Went To GNBVT

We bleed green and gold.

196
12 Signs You Went To GNBVT
wbsm.com

With all of the hype and negativity in the media about Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School, I wanted to shed some light on the institution that helped mold me into the person I am today. Along with a stellar faculty and staff, which consisted of professionals in their trade and academic teachers, these 12 facts are a tell-tale that you were/are a student from there.

1. Having to say "nah, I go to Voc".

Because that weird rivalry between NBHS and Voc existed. Bears eat Whales for breakfast.

2. The hype of picking your top choice shop and getting it (or not).

You never forget how exciting it gets for everyone. The upperclassmen wondering who will be new to their territory and the freshman finally belonging somewhere.

3. Your shop became your second family.

Spending an incredible amount of time with the same people could get frustrating at times. But at the end of the day, those were the people who knew all of your secretes and have the best memories with.

4. Walking around in circles in the morning and during lunch.

If you weren't standing in your regular hang out spot, you were walking around waiting for the 7:40 a.m. bell to ring.

5. Crazy pep rallies in the Z. Walter Janiak field house.

Still don't know why we had them majority of the time, but no one complained about getting out of class early.

6. The (sometimes) lame but fun spirit week.

The themed days (which were kind lame) but finishing off the week strong repping green and gold from head to toe with bear paws all over the place.

7. Friday half-days are the best days.

10:49 a.m. dismissal? Winning. Unless you took the bus and had to fight for a spot.

8. Hoping, praying, and running to get a seat in the cafeteria.

Need I say more?

9. Sue at salad bar.

She always seemed to know everyone and always greeted you with "How are you today, sweetheart".

10. Getting Gary's Best after school saved your life.

Regardless of the weather and especially if you stayed after, Gary's Best hot dog stand was the place to be.

11. Going to related during academics instead of block periods of math, history, and science.

You always had a weird but really cool connection with your teacher because they get stuck with you three times a day and there's nothing they can do about it.

12. Class pins.

We all know when Thursday came around, everyone was getting class pins or, rather, pins to deck out your backpack with Bear pride.

We all complain just how miserable we are while we're there, but once you're graduated, you realize just how much Voc became your second home and that it'll always feel like that.