11 Songs You Must Listen To Post-Breakup | The Odyssey Online

11 Songs You Must Listen To Post-Breakup

Because music just gets you

144
HuffingtonPost

Breakups are hard, but music can really help you get through it. While sad songs typically can explain exactly how you feel, sometimes that becomes too much. Sometimes, you need to hear a cheery song to boost your mood. Here's a compiled list of all of the songs I find myself listening to after breakups.

1. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift

(And pretty much anything else by Taylor Swift, because she is the queen of breakup songs)

This song will make you feel empowered, and you'll definitely be singing along even though you can't reach those high notes.

2. "I Knew You Were Trouble" - Taylor Swift

Of course by Taylor again, because this one will allow you to take all that hurt and hatred and scream it out into song.

3. "Someone Like You" - Adele

Don't even lie. When this song first came on the radio, you listened to it on repeat and wished to have vocals like her. It's more of a sad ballad, but at the same time it comforting.

4. "Battlefield" - Jordin Sparks

Her vocals will make you feel something, I promise.

5. "I Don't F**k With You" - Big Sean

Because in the pit of all the sadness, there's anger. After listening to this and sining/rapping along, pretending like they're right in front of you while doing it, you'll feel 10 times better. Besides, sometimes cussing feels better than crying.

6. "Lips Of An Angel" - Hinder

An obvious classic, and you can actually imagine yourself in the music video while listening to it.

7. "Happy" - Leona Lewis

Her empowering vocals will make you feel empowered as well. You can feel her pain and relate it to yours.

8. "Breakeven" - The Script

"Because when a heart break no it don't break even."

9. "Picture to Burn" - Taylor Swift

Like I said, she's the queen of breakup songs. She always has been and always will be. When I go through breakups, this song is on repeat.

10. "Heartless" - Kanye

Although he's referring to a girl, you can definitely relate it to the dumb guy that dumped you. He's heartless.

11. "Kerosene" - Miranda Lambert

Another empowering, get-all-of-your-anger-out kinda song.