10 Things That Happen When You Spend Too Much Time At SIx Flags New England | The Odyssey Online

10 Things That Happen When You Spend Too Much Time At SIx Flags New England

Let's face it, we've all hit it up.

81
Six Flags New England

If you live in New England, and you're an adrenaline junky like me, odds are you've hit Six Flags New England at least once. And if you're anything like I am, you go there about ... once a week. Alright maybe not quite that much. Six Flags is a good 45 minutes from where I live, so going that often isn't really possible (although you can bet if I lived anywhere near Agawam, I'd probably go daily). But you can guarantee I get more than my money's worth out of a season pass. So with opening day having already occurred, (sadly, an event I did not attend) I figured it was appropriate to post a list of things you can relate to when you spend a good chunk of you summer at Six Flags New England.

1. You Have A Season Pass ... Every Year

And if you've got some $40+ extra pocket change, you might just upgrade to a Gold Pass. Trust me people, it's worth it.

2. You Rock Frizzy Hair (Or Try To)

Note the photo below. I'm the one with the windswept, overly-frizzy hair. I also don't give a damn. Sure, you can try to keep your hair in order if you really want to, and make constant bathroom breaks to keep your lovely locks in place, but what fun is that? If you're at six flags, you're going to toss and turn, and (depending on the time of year) get drenched at Hurricane Harbor. So just stop trying to look like a supermodel, and enjoy the day. If you're with your group of friends, they'll probably look just as crazy as you, and they won't judge you.

3. You've Probably Memorized the Music on Bizarro

This could just be me, because even in my off time I listen to the soundtrack compilation that's played on Bizarro. Sadly, it's changed back to Superman, and the heavy metal and classic rock collection will no longer play in your ears throughout the entirety of the ride. (Even though what's replacing this will be discussed later in this list). But nonetheless, if you're crazy like me, you can't help but remember that symbolic medley. "For Those About to Rock" and "Lose Yourself" will forever be ingrained in my memory when climbing up that first 208-foot hill.

4. "If You're Screaming Already, You're Probably Hungry"

See that title right there is a prime example that I've been there too much, because that's the quote on the symbolic Snickers advertisements posted around the park. Anyways, if you or your friends are hungry, you know exactly where to go, for any kind of food. Craving Chinese food? Head over to Panda Express next to Flashback. Want some Barbecue? Head to Crack-Axle Canyon near Goliath. Want ice cream? You can point them to every Dippin Dots and Cold Stone Creamery Location around. Looking for an old-fashioned burger? You take them to Johnny Rockets next to Bizarro (Superman). The point is, you could probably navigate the park with your eyes closed. If you're really dedicated, you might even have your hands on a dining pass. If not, prepare yourself to spend a week's wage on food alone during the day.

5. You've Invested In A Flash Pass At Least Once

Having a season pass is incredible, I'll absolutely admit to that. But sometimes, you find yourself at Six Flags on a beautiful Sunday ... the day when everyone else decides to show up as well. Odds are if you're like me, you've already gotten your money's worth from a season pass, so spending the $45 for your standard Flash Pass could very well be worth it. It's less than your standard admission would have been, and you get to skip the line. When it comes rides like Bizarro (Superman) and Goliath, trust me on this one, it's worth the extra money. I mean, who wants to get caught waiting in 2-hour lines?

6. Hearing About New Additions to Six Flags Is The Highlight of Your Year (Aside from Actually Going)

Spoiler Alert! Although it's pretty public news so not really a spoiler. Most of you knew Bizarro was transforming back into "Superman! The Ride", but even bigger news, it's becoming a virtual reality coaster (see here). In simple terms, what this means is that, riders over the age of 12 will be given a headset, which, "while wearing, allow you enter a virtual world with high-resolution imagery and 360-degree views that synchronize to the action of the coaster". The good news for the motion-sick, or those who don't wish to wear the headsets, is that it is optional.

7. You Know The Arcade Games Are Near-Impossible, But You Play Them Anyways

Let's face it, a lot of people are guilty of this at any amusement park, but when you're a regular at six flags, it's something you can't avoid. It seems so simple and so easy to get a ring around a bottle, or pop a balloon with darts, but somehow, we find ourselves spending way too much money, only to win a teddy bear, that's probably only valued at $5.

8. Thrills By Day, Fright By Night

There's nothing quite like haunted houses that scare you out of your skin in October. And if you're a Six Flags enthusiast like I am, you know there's nowhere better to get the scare of your life while enjoying the best coasters in the region. I've been to Screemfest at Canobie, and similar haunted attractions around Halloween, but nothing can compare to Fright Fest. While there are many free hauntings to be found around the park, if you really want to be scared, you'll pay extra for the haunted trails and houses. Every year it's something different, and something scarier.

9. By The End of the Season You're Broke

Hey it happens. Between parking, food, fuel, the cost of a pass itself (or admission if you're not a pass holder) and the occasional Flash Pass, you'll be close to broke. Thrills like this aren't cheap, and it's easy to see why. There's no park like this anywhere in New England, especially with a free water park, and Fright Fest in October. It may come across as expensive, but no matter what, you know it's worth it.

10. You Know The Money's Worth It ... And You'll Be Back Next Year

Because let's face it, once you fall in love with the thrills, you'll be back every year.