10 Things College Students Are Thankful For | The Odyssey Online

10 Things College Students Are Thankful For

I'm thankful for pizza, naps, family, and my kitty.

14

Thanksgiving means that we take time out of our busy schedules to pause and think and be thankful for the blessings in our lives. As college students, we have many things we are thankful for, so here's just a few.

1. Coffee

Even if you absolutely hate coffee (ahem, weirdos), we all need some sort of source of caffeine to keep us up to write that seven page paper we might have procrastinated on. Or the group research presentation that needs to be done and the group haven't met to pick a topic. #thankyoucoffee

2. Pizza

For college students, pizza is in its own food group. It's just something that's universally accepted. Whether we are binging on "One Tree Hill" or drunk off our a**es, pizza is bae. #thankyoupizza

3. "Class is canceled" emails

Some people get the wrong impression of when we are constantly checking our email. People think we are trying to keep informed and on top of things, but in reality, we are really refreshing to see if our classes are cancelled. #thankyouprofessor

4. Sleep/Naps

Most college students are sleep-deprived. So, when the opportunity for a nap presents itself, we seize it. #thankyounaps

5. Social Media

Yes, we should be thankful for social media. We use it to avoid conversing with people before class, to pass the time waiting for the professor to show up, to take a break from homework, and etc. #thankyousocialmedia

6. Netflix

This one shouldn't need an explanation, but it deserves its explanation. Netflix has our back when our friends bail on us, when we didn't exactly ace that test, when we are procrastinating, and etc. #thankyounetflix

7. Ice cream

This one doesn't need an explanation either, but it doesn't hurt to review it. When friends are with their SOs and we are the awkward party of one, ice cream has our back. Really ice cream is our SO; basically it's a win-win situation. #thankyouicecream

8. Parents

Well, we should all be thankful to our parents for not following through on any "plans" they might have had for us when we were rebellious teenagers. Now that we are sort of in the real world, we appreciate how much they do for us and how much they taught us. #thankyouparents

9. "Free food" signs

We love free food. It's not hard to figure out why. We are broke (and in debt). Any time there is a "free food" sign, we will come running. It's the only time people will see us exercising willingly. #thankyoufreefoodsigns

10. Friends (roommates or otherwise)

Saving the best for last. They put up with our 3am pizza runs, our crying because our crushes won't snap us back, our weird habits and quirks, our Neflix binging instead of doing homework, and so on. #thankyoufriends