10 Songs That Got Me Through The Week

10 Songs That Got Me Through The Week

10 songs I can't live without this week

18
10 Songs That Got Me Through The Week

10 Songs That Got Me Through the Week

Vol. 1

Getting through the week is hard, but there’s this glorious stuff called music that holds our hands and carries our baggage into and out of work so that the task doesn’t seem so bad. Giving you another hand to hold, these are the top 10 songs that got me through the week

1. "Make It Happen"

Artist: Gareth Emery (feat. Lawson) [David Gravell Extended Mix]

From his new EP released just recently in August, Gareth Emery’s “Make It Happen” has been on repeat on my nightly drive home and turned up LOUD through my headphones at the gym. This song just has that punch you in the soul, festival swoon feeling that takes me back to good times. You wont regret the listen

2. "We Don't Talk Anymore"

Artist: Charlie Puth (feat. Selena Gomez)

Now this one was released a couple months back but the music video was recently released this past August, which is probably why I heard it on Kiss FM radio several times in 30 minutes. I have to admit that I didn’t love it the first time I heard it, but the tropical house-esque song reeled me in. OH, and fun fact: Charlie Puth is the one and only voice (other than Whiz Khalifa, of course) from the Fast & Furious 6 theme song “See You Again”. I was unaware, but now am aware.

3. "The Unfallen Kingdom"

Artist: Gramatik

This one is an old-y but goody. To be honest I first heard it at work about five months ago, so i Shazam-ed it, and then totally forgot about it. Well recently I was going through my tags and BAM, I found this gift to the world and have been playing it since. It’s haunting, pretty and has that edge of hip-hop that wraps it all up into one badass ambient ball.

4. "Guest List"

Artist: Alvaro & Jetfire

Get your Nikes on for this one, because its gonna make you want to move. For me, its moving at the gym, but I wouldn’t mind hearing this one live either!

5. "Cold Water"

Artist: Major Lazer (feat. Justin Beiber & MÆ) [Lost Frequencies Remix]

This song was all fine and good when I first heard it, but then these remixes came out and I found myself pressing my thumb aggressively onto my iPhone to replay it. Thought it was catchy before? Check the remix out:

6. "Gangsta"

Artist: Kehlani

Some of you may recognize this little number from the recent release of DC’s Suicide Squad. I won’t say which part this song plays in, but I will say that it was pretty memorable, a little creepy and pretty sexy. As soon as I heard it in the movie theater I made a solid mental note to get the song as soon as I could. A haunting song with a sexy under current.

7. "Quicksand"

Artist: Feenixpawl & APEK (Dexter Remix)

I was driving through the city of Vernon when I first heard this song, and for those of you who know Vernon, you know that its not exactly easy on the eyes, so this song perked me right up. Its happy, plain and simple, leaving you feeling like a million bucks.

8. "How to Love"

Artist: Besnine (Edward Newgate Remix)

Ok, this one had me absolutely GROOVING all over the place during my drive; you’ll find yourself nearly yelling the words in no time. The catchy piano beat doesn’t hurt either.

9. "Locked Out of Heaven"

Artist: Bruno Mars (R3hab Afterhour Remix)

This song introduced me to Trap and all of its Glory. This song is from a couple years back, but it still gives me chills because it made me experience something new. It’s the perfect combo between mainstream and what once did not exist.

10. "Tether"

Artist: Eric Prydz Vs. CHVRCHES) [Radio Edit]

You need a little inspiration? A little push to help you through that job interview, exam or talk with your significant other? This is the song you need to be listening to.